Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby turning round/engaging

(5 Posts)
MrsKarpet Mon 13-Jul-09 22:13:32

Hi I've been searching a bit for the answer to this and would appreciate anyone's input please. My first baby was breech til pretty late but I ended up having a successful ECV at hospital and subsequent homebirth. Now at 32 weeks with no 2 the(new) midwife said yes it's still head up and "of course we'll have to be in hospital if it doesn't turn round" Now leaving aside the fact that she has an argument on her hands if she thinks I'm going that easily, what I really want to know know is will I feel baby turning round/engaging? Does it happen suddenly and all at once - ie i will definitely notice and know what's happening - or is it gentle and move bit by bit ...? cheers for any info ladies :^)

MustHaveaVeryShortMemory Mon 13-Jul-09 22:49:43

Making an educated guess... I think at 32 weeks the baby could turn very quickly and you may not even notice it happening. Depending on how much room it has this could happen later as well. Presumably though, the bigger it gets the longer it will take to do a full turn and the more likely you are to notice it happening.

Someone on here recommended this website

www.spinningbabies.com/

which has suggestions on how to turn a baby but also gives you hints on how to 'map' the position your baby is in.

Hope it helps.

SheWillBeLoved Tue 14-Jul-09 10:24:15

Mine was breech from 30-35 weeks, went to my 36 week appointment and was told that she had turned and was fixed at the brim. I had no idea she had turned. Was expecting a big fuss when she did as everybody said I'd feel sick, it'd hurt etc. Must have done it in my sleep!

idunnop Tue 14-Jul-09 10:35:48

It might turn without you noticing (I know someone this happened to the night before her elective c-section!) Or the opposite might happen - you feel a huge turning sensation and are convinced it's turned... but it hasn't. Only definite way of finding out is by scan, as midwives can and do get it wrong sometimes. Good luck!

MrsKarpet Tue 14-Jul-09 23:19:52

Thanks for your help, scan next week so fingers crossed. Will have a look at website too :^)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now