Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please remind me about Braxton Hicks and tell me I'm not in labour!

(10 Posts)
pasturesnew Mon 13-Jul-09 19:08:47

I'm 29 weeks pregnant, and since last night I've been getting really hot and flushed and nauseous and backpainy and generally contracty ... had loads of Braxtons last time round and DS arrived at 42 weeks so that's what this is too, right?

Thanks!

1petshortofazoo Mon 13-Jul-09 19:19:32

my braxton hicks usually only consisted on half the bump contracting, the top i think and only at random times 5-6 times a day.... labour was all the bump contracting and needing the loo a lot...

hth x

pasturesnew Mon 13-Jul-09 19:21:51

ooer thanks still a bit worried then!

1petshortofazoo Mon 13-Jul-09 20:10:48

are they coming regular or just as and when? if your worried just give labour ward a ring, they wont mind

pasturesnew Mon 13-Jul-09 20:14:15

Thanks Pets! Actually it's calmed down now. Think I must have been walking too much & baby kicking a lot earlier to set it all off. I also just found something on tinternet saying you feel them more strongly 2nd time round so that might be it.

1petshortofazoo Mon 13-Jul-09 20:37:59

thats good then, mine used to start when ever was 'active' hoovering, running about at work or stressed etc.

Hope you get a good nights sleep smile

mummytopebs Mon 13-Jul-09 21:37:49

Are you my friend? My friend is 30 weeks and had the exact same worries yesterday, this is her 3rd pregnancy and think it does get worse the more pregnancys you have x

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 13-Jul-09 21:39:31

Could be a urine infection.

At 19+6 I was adamant if I was term I was in labour. Thankfully not, just a uti.

pasturesnew Tue 14-Jul-09 18:15:19

Thanks all, been to Gp today and all well grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 14-Jul-09 19:26:53

Good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now