Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you keep yourself happy when you are overdue?

(6 Posts)
HeyThereGeorgieGirl Mon 13-Jul-09 18:40:00

DD3 was due to arrive 10th July. DD1 and 2 were both on time. There's still no sign of DD3 arriving anytime soon sad. Friends have started to have their babies. Am feeling incredibly frustrated, hormonal and at a complete loose end. My family are set to sell me on Ebay because I'm rather vile to be around at the moment.

I have tried EVERYTHING to start labour - curry, pineapple, clary sage, rasp leaf tea, swiss ball, long walks, blow jobs, sex, homeopathic tablets blah blah blah. So far nothing has worked.

I am due for a sweep on Wednesday, so it's not the end of the world as there may be light at the end of the tunnel. But am petrified that it won't work will have to be induced, or worse still, have a c-section.

I had a mad rush to the hospital at 37 weeks as thought I'd gone into labour. But it was a false alarm. Although they did say I was 2-3cm dilated. Braxton Hicks have been painful for last 2 weeks. But haven't resulted in anything close to getting labour started.

I am feeling so despondent. I HATE feeling this out of control. I'm feeling really depressed now as the only bloody thing I can do right in pregnanacy is give birth on time...and it now seems as if I can't even do that.

Sorry, this is a rather self indulgent whine session. Just needed to get it off my chest.

But honestly, how do you keep your spirits up when you don't know what's going to happen and you feel as if you're literally sitting on a time bomb waiting to explode?

funtimewincies Mon 13-Jul-09 20:10:20

I was induced 2 weeks over. I'm determined this time not to be so obsessively looking for signs that 'this is it'.

None of the old-wives tales work, in most cases it's just coincidence that someone did something at the same time that their body was ready. Heaven knows where the raspberry leaf tea thing comes from as that is to prepare and strenthen the uterus for 'good' contractions NOT bring on labour.

My advice would be to buy some maternity mats from Boots and just put one under you when you sit down in the car or on furniture. Then tuck into lots of cake and/or takeaway, you won't get enough of a chance afterwards grin!

funtimewincies Mon 13-Jul-09 20:12:59

...oh and train dcs1 and 2 to bring you the remote grin.

Loopymumsy Mon 13-Jul-09 20:37:30

Message withdrawn

puffylovett Mon 13-Jul-09 20:40:11

3 words - Yorkshire Tea Loaf grin

Hope you get some signs soon..you poor thing sad and that it all goes well

HeyThereGeorgieGirl Tue 14-Jul-09 09:31:09

Thanks ladies. Have actually eaten my own body weight in Malty Fruit Loaf blush. And have made appt for haircut at 5.15 tonight.

Am going to have a wander around the shops today whilst DD's are at school.

Also going to repeat to myself ' think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts'!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now