Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back pain/ period like pain

(8 Posts)
YummyMummy17 Mon 13-Jul-09 15:51:53

I am 38weeks today, just home from the midwife, she says hes lying back to back and is 4/5th palpable hmm.
.....So im having alot of lower back pain, not regular though,just now and again, since yesterday, and i keep getting period like pains and have been for a good few days. I also get stabbing/shooting pains up my flowerblush
Could this mean im in labour?

Help !
Any advice, experiences ? etc....

fuzzywuzzy Mon 13-Jul-09 15:55:52

That does sound a lot like how my labour started with dd2.

Have you called your midwife and told her?

lastboxoftampons Mon 13-Jul-09 16:11:40

I'm 38+3 and head is also 1/5 engaged. I have also had a few episodes of cramping. On Saturday I had three within an hour or so and worried that I might be starting labour. I went home and relaxed a bit and they went away. I've read that they might be Braxton Hicks (I'm not sure I've had them before, so I don't really know what they're supposed to feel like). As far as I kind find info on them, if you lie or sit down and they stop, they're just BH's, if they continue they're the real deal. You might want to call your midwife just to be on the safe side, but I think it's just the LO getting in to position/moving further down into your pelvis.

Good luck! smile

YummyMummy17 Mon 13-Jul-09 16:14:08

I just had her a couple hours ago....
But she just told me the pain might be coming from him being back to back ?
The pain is bearable, but still sore....
An its not regular
What do you think ?

loganberry12 Mon 13-Jul-09 16:51:00

im 33 weeks pregnant and had the same pains aches ect for a week at 31 weeks pregnant. But all stopped so not sure what that was all about i even had a show!! but if your 38 weeks and 4/5ths then sounds to me as if things are moving and it wont be long till you know for sure good luck your be a mummy very soon

YummyMummy17 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:12:15

Thanks

Just wish he would come, getting very bored of this pregnancy game now

x

tyler0102 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:27:17

Hi ive had a belly ache on and off through out my pregnancy and sometimes it can be realy painfull, plus today i have painfull lower backache, is it anything i should worry about? Im 9 weeks pregnant, my breasts were also sore and now they are not! And i dont get morning sickness anymore, am i just worrying too much?

YummyMummy17 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:47:33

Possibly but I think you should call your midwife just in-case, best be on the safe side. it may just be the fact your body is changing, and adapting for your baby to live in, but speak to your midwife.

Let me know how you get on
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now