Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY BRAIN??!

(5 Posts)
RamDhan Mon 13-Jul-09 13:47:56

Has anyone else had the feeling they've dropped several IQ points upon falling pregnant? I have to complete a take-home exam this week, and I just can't seem to gather a coherent thought! Being exhausted, woozy and nauseous 24/7 doesn't help (I'm 81/2 weeks) but it feels like something else on top of that. I've read about 'baby brain' but it's not just forgetfulness, it's complete fuzziness. sad

mrswee Mon 13-Jul-09 14:24:33

I keep leaving my keys in the outside of the door, spelling baby 'babay', telling everyone I'm such and such weeks pregnant but can't work out for the life of me exactly how many months that is and forgetting everyone's names at work...

and you are 81/2 weeks pregnant wink grin

RamDhan Mon 13-Jul-09 15:56:17

I see some other women on here are completing PHDs while pregnant - my hat's off to them is all I can say...

Twig79 Mon 13-Jul-09 16:09:33

I've been off work for 4 weeks after hurting my leg, combining that with finding out I'm pregnant after 1 week on great painkillers, so then I had bad leg, no mobility, crutches and no painkillers! I'm now 8 weeks too. So I've got cabin fever, my brain has melted and I can just about manage to answer 5 emails a day. god forbid when my leg gets better and I got back to work in a week! I'll be useless!

RamDhan Mon 13-Jul-09 18:08:40

You poor thing. I've found the absence of Nurofen Plus in my life quite traumatic but I couldn't imagine having that kind of ongoing bad pain and no relief. I guess you can use it to build up your pain tolerance for the big day. What fun...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now