Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it true what they say about showing quicker with number 2?

(7 Posts)
pigleychez Mon 13-Jul-09 09:40:36

Not actually pregnant... well as far as I know!

Just trying to find an explaination for my sudden weight gain.
In the past 2 weeks I seem to have just ballooned. Im a size 12 and noticed my jeans were getting tight so dug out my size 14 "comfy" jeans and they are getting snug too!

I havent been eatting any worse than normal so not really sure why?

I dont really think I am pregnant but cant help a little niggle in the back of my head. If I was it would literally only be a few weeks.

I did bloat big time at first with DD, at 14 weeks I looked about 6mths!

Luxmum Mon 13-Jul-09 10:45:51

Well get a test and see.... I showed quickly for No 2& 3 tho obv my biggest indicator was the lack of periods, but I also did bloat a bit.

Picante Mon 13-Jul-09 13:00:48

Yes I showed at 6 weeks with number 2.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Mon 13-Jul-09 14:40:28

It could be that, I bloated loads in the early weeks even first time round and even worse 2nd time!

But if you do a test and it is -ve, might be worth getting checked over as sudden weight gain can be a sign of other medical problems I think.

Horsiemummy Mon 13-Jul-09 15:08:05

Me too!!!
im so glad someone has brought this up because it was really getting me down. im only 7 weeks along with number 2 and i feel huge and bloated. i think ill be waving goodbye to my size 12's pretty soon - sob!

but i feel better knowing its not just me.

thanks girls.xx

dal21 Mon 13-Jul-09 17:56:55

Same as Picante. Showed at 6 weeks with this pregnancy, didnt show until 16 weeks with DS.

itsalwaysthequietones Mon 13-Jul-09 21:52:14

I'm almost 8 weeks with No 2 and feel really, really bloated. Had an early scan because of bleeding last week and little bean is 1cm long smile, absolutely wonderful to see but did make me wonder what else is taking up all that space!! Is it just water retention?! Last time around I didn't look properly pregnant til about 6 months. No idea I'm going to keep this quiet for another month - sure it's going to be blatantly obvious to anyone who knows me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now