Talk

Advanced search

Boy or Girl!!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
kayinbury Mon 13-Jul-09 08:11:05

Hello i am new on here but all advice appreciated.

I have just had 20 week scan and was told boy, but people still keep saying they thinks its a girl and that they can get things like this wrong. hmm

in scan picture he is lying side on and it looks like two sausages in air, but then after reading other comments i wonder if that coudl be wrong!!

maybe something is hoping for a irl but as long as healthy i dont mind. lots of people i know are pregnant at the mo and are all having girls, hmmm one even said i wanted a boy!!!

I am 110% happy whatever but i think because this may be my only chance i want everything 100% i have a kdiney condition that is not coping well with pregnancy and for this i have to have c section so want it right.

She said she cant gurantee it she said defo a boy!

i woudl love to get 4d done really and see him again and better and also hopefully find out for sure.

Thankssmile

cluckyagain Mon 13-Jul-09 08:12:44

I would go with the sonographer - from personal experience, I thought dd1 was a ds....shows how much I know!

kayinbury Mon 13-Jul-09 08:17:18

Sorry ok what does dd1 and ds mean, lol gosh i could sound really slow now.

Chooster Mon 13-Jul-09 12:55:09

Go with the sonographer - its their job to know smile. Everyone else can just give a view based on whatever old wives tale they know. By the way dd is darling daughter and ds is darling son and the number says how many, if that makes sense!

Congratualtions - Boys are ace!!! grin. I've got two and couldn't be happier smile. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well

lastboxoftampons Mon 13-Jul-09 13:02:26

Usually if they say it's a boy they've seen its boy parts and its definitely a boy! Errors are more common going the other way (ie, they tell you it's a girl, but it actually comes out a boy!)

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Enjoy!

helips Mon 13-Jul-09 13:58:30

dd1 means darling or dear daughter 1
ds darling or dear son

Go with the sonographer but if you seriously doubt them then just don't buy anything blue yet! You'll know for sure in 20 weeks time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now