Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness at 4am?

(12 Posts)
SuiGeneris Mon 13-Jul-09 04:15:27

Has anyone ever women up in the middle of the night feeling sick and headachy? Am at12+5 and have not had this before...unsure whether to ask the midwife or not.

kickassangel Mon 13-Jul-09 04:19:43

yep, but i was sick all the time anyway. if it's a change & you don't feel right, you can always ring for advice

Longtalljosie Mon 13-Jul-09 04:24:59

Are you eating enough during the day, do you think? I'm at the other end of a pregnancy, and the reason I'm up, eating cereal, is because I didn't really fancy dinner. Wish I'd forced myself now!

SuiGeneris Mon 13-Jul-09 04:33:56

Thank you. Have been eating well and healthily so far, usu. Felt nauseous between meals or when tired, but never in the morning or the night. Was sick for the first time on Friday evening- for no obvious reason- and now this. Colleagues have had a stomach bug but I do not think this can be it. Am receiving hospital-based care because I am high-risk and only met a midwife once v early on, so not sure whether to call the team number later for something that could be v minor. Want to avoid being labelled a worried...

SuiGeneris Mon 13-Jul-09 04:35:26

Sorry-worrieR. Typing on ipod touch not always straightforward.

DidEinsteinsMum Mon 13-Jul-09 04:46:46

DOn't worry. I had bad morning sickness and i was often up in middle of the night. Often because i had to pee and then kept up by the feeling sick. If it is more then feeling sick and affects more like stomach bug i would say speak to them. Its yucky though so you have my sympathies and i am glad i am 4 1/2years past that point. It was not a highlight.

There are highlightes. promise

DidEinsteinsMum Mon 13-Jul-09 04:47:25

Just thought have you drunk enough you can feel like this when dehydrated.

ShrimpOnTheBarbie Mon 13-Jul-09 04:48:02

Yes - I did. I would wake up to go to the loo and feel revolting. Do you keep something to nibble on next to your bed? I kept salty crackers last time and sweet ones this time (savoury makes me sick this time) in a tupperware container to have before getting up. It helped a bit.

chaya5738 Mon 13-Jul-09 09:47:41

I used to wake up at 5am to be sick every morning.

Ohwhatacrapmasfear Mon 13-Jul-09 11:39:55

I am 13+4 and have had an horrendous headache over the weekend that made me feel nauseus. I think I must have been a bit dehydrated as It felt exactly like I had a really bad hangover. I drank alot of water yesterday and today I feel loads better. Also, as others have said, I have made sure I eat at least every 1 1/2 - 2 two hours, even if it is just a bunch of grapes or a biscuit. It seems to keep my blood sugars from dipping and making me feel as sick.

Hope you feel better soon smile

Ohwhatacrapmasfear Mon 13-Jul-09 11:41:44

Sorry - also meant to put that it was waking me up in the night as well. blush

SuiGeneris Mon 13-Jul-09 11:49:03

Thank you for all the advice- will definitely try it during today- and will go to bed with some crackers by the bed just in case. Presumably it can also be linked to tiredness/exhaustion? Last week was quite intense (well, almost normal for pre-pregnancy) with a number of work events early in the morning or after 6 and I wonder whether overdoing it may have caused these problems too. But dehydration and having eaten too early seem the most likely culprits (was tired, so had dinner at 7.30, which is about 1.5 hours earlier than normal...)- will go back to normal mealtimes today and see if it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now