Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raspberry Leaf Tea

(5 Posts)
RorysRacingMa Sun 12-Jul-09 19:14:59

Getting mixed views on when to start taking this. I think I've normally started around 32/34 weeks, and I've had both children born at 38 weeks ( which has been great).

Anyone know what the official guidelines are? Are they even 'official'

niamh29 Sun 12-Jul-09 19:53:12

I read in a pregnancy book yesterday that your not supposed to start it until 32 weeks, which is what i'm at now, considering starting it but wasn't 100% sure. How often a day do you take it??

mrswee Sun 12-Jul-09 20:38:21

Hi there

If you go to a qualified medical herbalist, they can give you instructions according to the strength of tea they sell you.

I went recently and bought loose leaf raspberry leaf tea from the herbalist, the instructions from them were as follows-

28-32 weeks one cup a day made with one teaspoon.

33-36 weeks two cups a day made with one teaspoon.

week 37 on at least 3 cups a day, can be a little stronger if you like.

but I that was the instructions with the tea they sold me, not just off the shelf any strength.

so I've been taking it since last monday when I turned 28 weeks... no BH as yet!!

Concepta Sun 12-Jul-09 21:47:00

I drank gallons of raspberry tea - still was 11 days overdue and had to be induced. I don't think it matters when you take it, it just doesn't work.

Picante Mon 13-Jul-09 13:06:49

You can take it throughout your pregnancy if you get it from a qualified herbalist - I started taking it from 20 weeks this pregnancy - BH increased straight away. I've increased it to 3 cups a day (am now 35 weeks) but my herbalist just said I can have as much as I like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now