Talk

Advanced search

Yellowish discharge and pain during 23 week pregnet

(5 Posts)
sl003 Sun 12-Jul-09 13:55:00

Hi i am 23 week pregnant and I have a yellowish watery discharge.Also some time I have a bad pain in my lower tummy and my back.This pain came to me two times now and its like i am in labour.I been to see my GP and he said i am having a uring Infection and Started antibiotic(Amoxcilline 250mg)Now i feel bit better.But still i am worrying about the pain and the discharge, because i am a Group B Strep carrier,weather it will harm for the baby?Any one had this experience or any Advice?Please help me i am so upset.

fruitymum Sun 12-Jul-09 14:05:27

think you should get in touch with your midwife who can assess, take a swab and help you get this treated. Do you have any urinary symptoms - like needing to pass urine more often or stinging?

sl003 Sun 12-Jul-09 14:08:24

I talk to my MW as well and she said try the antibiotic for 48 hours and see how it goes.I dont have any pain or sting when passing urine.

fruitymum Sun 12-Jul-09 14:11:58

How long have you been taking the anti biotic?
I would get back in touch with MW to get a swab to find out if you have a bit of infection causing the discharge. Try to drink plenty of fluids, take some paracetemol(if you haven't already) and get some rest - put your feet up.

sl003 Sun 12-Jul-09 14:15:39

I started antibiotic on Friday night and it has to be one to be take for three times a day.I think i better to see the MW again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now