Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

thowing up green bile during pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
michelle89 Sat 11-Jul-09 15:41:42

im 13weeks pregnant grin and iv been having morning sickness since about 6weeks pregnant. its been in the morning as soon as i wake up so often throw up bile, this morning i was about to go downstairs to make toast and i felt sick, i ended up throwing up green bile, i have no belly ache or diarrhoea. so is this normal? im worried becuase it looked so horrible and never had it before

LilRedWG Sat 11-Jul-09 15:45:46

I seem to remember doing this. I think it's just because your stomach is empty and there is nothing else in it. I used to put a ginger biscuit by the side of my bed to eat as soon as I woke up. I still threw up (and carried on throughout the day) but at least it wasn't just foul tasting bile.

michelle89 Sat 11-Jul-09 15:47:50

so its completely normal thn?
it was just worrying me because it was green, only ever had yellow bile.

listenglisten Sat 11-Jul-09 15:51:36

Not connected to pregancy but I remember my dd having green bile once, a sort of aqua green, during a sickness bug. I was quite worried but it was because her stomach was so empty that it was that colour.

LilRedWG Sat 11-Jul-09 18:02:54

If you are still worried on Monday give your GP or MW a call, but I'm sure it's just because your stomach is so empty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now