Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wanna be alone

(6 Posts)
Gromit78 Sat 11-Jul-09 15:30:06

I am now 39+1 weeks pg and I have these really strong feelings where I just want to be alone. My mum is staying up here until the baby comes and my hubby is around so I feel obliged to entertain and keep everyone happy and occupied and i just want to be left alone. Normally I am really good at playing hostess and thinking of places to go and things to do, but I feel like talking and listening to other people takes too much energy.

All I want to do is escape in the country on my own where I can just daydream and not think about anyone else.

Is it common to have strong feelings on wanting to be alone so close to labour?

Lulumama Sat 11-Jul-09 15:35:43

yes, absolutely.

your body is telling you to conserve energy and nurture yourself as you wait for your labour.

tell everyone you are going for a lie down

you are not obliged to entertain anyone, it should be the opposite way round, with them looking after you

blondissimo Sat 11-Jul-09 15:36:42

Don't know if it is common but I felt exactly the same as you. My mum lives 400 miles away and came to stay to give me some company after my due date passed as my ds was late. I thought it would have been nice but I just got so frustrated. I think it was partly due to the fact that she and everyone else was just so impatient and kept asking why the baby hasn't come, where is the midwife, you need to have a sweep, go to the hospital, aaargh!!
Also, in nature, cats, etc always go to a really quiet place to give birth. Perhaps that is what nature intended for us too??

Tigresswoods Sat 11-Jul-09 15:37:01

Oh put your feet up and chill. Why ever not!?
grin

blondissimo Sat 11-Jul-09 15:39:21

Yes Gromit, please do what Tigress says. You will have enough to do once baba comes so just sod everyone else and lock yourelf in the bedroom with a cup of tea and a good bookgrin!

blinder Sat 11-Jul-09 23:05:15

it sounds like a very good sign to me!

It's perfectly natural to want some peace and solitude now. That will get you into a lovely calm state of mind for the birth. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want and request some time alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now