Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Measuring large for dates

(11 Posts)
lal123 Fri 10-Jul-09 09:35:36

Sure this has been discussed lots of times - so apologies! I had a 24 week appointment with my midwife yesterday (24+4 or so), and fundal height is measuring 28 weeks. I'm trying not to worry - and just putting it down to my pre pregnancy pot belly! But part of me is already starting to dream up induction/EMCS etc etc. I need some reassurance!!

MW says that if still measuring big at next appointment (in 4 weeks time) she'll refer me for another scan.

madwomanintheattic Fri 10-Jul-09 09:41:24

dd1 measured large all the way through, and in the final weeks i was being monitored and scanned every other day. i ended up having a planned section because they said she was enormous. the obstetrician said he did not want to risk me going into labour naturally.

she was 8lb 6oz. <they had said she could be 10lb 13oz>

i had two vbacs after that for bigger babies lol.

lal123 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:08:06

oh dear God - I asked for reassurance!!!! Anyone measured big but ended up having a smaller baby?? DD was only 5lb 14 - I guess I hoped that htis one would be nice and comact too!

madwomanintheattic Fri 10-Jul-09 13:15:29

she was smaller lol grin

8lb 6oz is titchy! grin

lal123 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:34:08

lol- not as titchy as 5lb 14!!!!!

madwomanintheattic Fri 10-Jul-09 13:37:45

like a baby only smaller wink

my bf had one of those and was back in her size 8 jeans at home 4 hours later. i was v green. not that i actually own any size 8 jeans, but...

madwomanintheattic Fri 10-Jul-09 13:38:30

she opened the door and made me a cup of tea. i was like 'are you sure you've just given birth? shock

MegBusset Fri 10-Jul-09 13:52:48

DS2 measured big for dates all the way through, and mw kept saying "it's going to be a big baby". I didn't believe her (she'd said the same about 7lb 4 DS1) but in the end he was 8 lb 15.

However I still delivered naturally with g&a at 41+3. I was told they would not induce early for a big baby as outcomes were no better if they did.

lal123 Fri 10-Jul-09 14:01:03

size 8 jeans? lolololol - I didn't fit into size 8 jeans when I was 8......

Well - I don't believe the midwife - at 13 week scan and 20 week scan baby was measuring spot on average for dates - how can she have grown so much in 4 weeks?????

Think I need to start smoking wink

madwomanintheattic Fri 10-Jul-09 14:19:23

<snort>

i may have said that once or twice...

ah, to be 15 and after a council flat. wink

olivo Fri 10-Jul-09 19:10:40

last og , i measured big and was told i'd be expecting a 9lber or so - dd was 7lb3 at term, it was mostly fluid. this time around i measured 4 different measurements within the same session, by different people. i am big for date sbut i have polyhydramnios and gest diabetes so bigger baby and stacks of fluid.
if you were measured with a tape measure, i wouldnt worry too much, they're often way out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now