Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had my booking in appointment today...

(3 Posts)
laurawantsababy Thu 09-Jul-09 19:29:39

I asked the midwife what would happen should I contract swine flu. Her response 'Oh, I'm not sure. Maybe you should ask your GP' Should they not be clued up on these things??

I had forgetten how much they talk down to you as if you havent been through it all already and are not 12!

Rant over, my visits will be minimal and only if required!!!

SheWillBeLoved Thu 09-Jul-09 19:42:46

I asked my GP the same thing when I went to get something for a cold that just wouldn't shift a few weeks ago, and got told "The same thing you'd do if you contracted normal flu - take some antibiotics if you need to and rest".

I don't think medical professionals see it in single cases as any more dangerous than your usual bout of flu.

chinook Thu 09-Jul-09 20:00:29

I also had my booking appointment today and my midwife mentioned it to me. She said being pregnant makes you high risk when it comes to swine flu and if you get a high temp plus two other flu symptoms to go straight to the gp. Apparently the advice re tamiflu changed this week too as preg women are now supposed to be given it whereas before the advice was not to. I am glad my midwife is very switched on. It makes up for the fact the hospital where I will deliver is one of the worst in the country!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now