Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Positive gtt test

(3 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Thu 09-Jul-09 14:43:15

Had my gtt test this morning due to weightloss and baby measuring 2 weeks too big. Its come back positive so gotta see the diabetes team in the morning. Feeling a bit shocked/under the weather!

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 09-Jul-09 21:31:05

I'm sorry to hear that your GTT came back positive. How many weeks are you? I had the test at 28 weeks and it was high normal so being re-tested next week. I've been trying to cut out sugar and other crap but it's really hard. I hope you get on ok with the diabetic team, I know there are quite a few on here in your situation. Best Wishes, smile

franfoxy2003 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:15:17

Hi thanks for replying. Im 31 weeks. Got tested so late cos i have lost nearly 3 stone and baby is measuring 2 weeks too big. Diabetic team were brill. Gave me my thing to measure my sugar levels and were generally really supportive. They haven said about diet yet but they said just to monitor over weekend and they are phoning me monday to see how its going. Apparently gotta be retested 6 weeks after baby is born to make sure it has gone. Im not sure if this is gonna mess with my homebirth plans. I haven't ever had sugar in my urine so dont understand really. All i know is i gotta keep on top of this for babies sake. Never had this with ds but maybe its cos my bmi is a tad higher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now