Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP, 1 big nork, 1 not

(3 Posts)
JeMeSouviens Thu 09-Jul-09 13:59:06

A few months ago, I found a lump in my breast and had a biopsy. It turned out to be a "cyst". I think the Doc referred it as non-cancerous tumour? At the time we decided to leave it in and do another check in 6mths, which will be October. And if it had grown, I could decide to have it out, or if I changed my mind before then, I could have it removed sooner.

So yesterday I got a BFP, one nork has been noticeably larger than the other for a couple of weeks. The smaller one has the cyst in it. I was wondering if the cyst has anything to do with that, and my breast tissue isn't funcitoning as normal.

Does anyone have experience of this? Also, if I decided to get it taken out now, as I'm thinking perhaps I should, has anyone had this done while pregnant?

TIA

sjbj Fri 10-Jul-09 12:27:46

Wasn't sure to post or not as certainly don't want to worry you - just to say hope you're ok and don't be afraid to demand attention!!
My sister had a similar experience (- her lump was however cancerous)They allowed her to continue the pregnancy with very close monitoring. They should keep a very close eye on you at the breast clinic- she had regular ultra sound on her breast and they operated a few months after baby was born.

"Norks" grin can grow differently but best to get it checked?

JeMeSouviens Mon 13-Jul-09 20:44:05

Thanks so much for replying. You're right, best I get my appointment moved forward and discuss with the Doc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now