Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How accurate are the conception dates on clarblue digital test

(9 Posts)
RetroMum1 Thu 09-Jul-09 08:08:07

I have just done one and it says that I am 1-2 weeks pregnant but I ovulated 17 days ago which would make me in the 3-4 weeks braket and I am already 5 days late for my period.

Does this indicate a weak pregnancy or are they just pretty inaccurate?

Thanks

chamoiscreased Thu 09-Jul-09 08:11:02

Well the packaging says they're fairly accrate but it would I suppose! Don't forget that the day you ovulated isn't necessarily the day you conceived.

mumbot Thu 09-Jul-09 08:32:04

The conception indicator isn't as accurate as the test for the pregnancy hormone.

Mine said 2-3 weeks on 30th June and I'm having a dating scan tomorrow (due to my LMP I should be 11 weeks!)

So I can let you know if it was accurate or not after the weekend.

Congrats on the BFP!!

xxxx

RetroMum1 Thu 09-Jul-09 08:36:24

Thank you that's reassuring. I'm going to ring my health visitor and see if it's worth going for a scan or if it is too early to see a heartbeat I should be 4+5 today.

RetroMum1 Thu 09-Jul-09 08:37:04

Good luck for your scan hope you enjoy it.

chamoiscreased Thu 09-Jul-09 08:51:41

4+5 is probably too early to see a heartbeat. I thought I was 8 weeks when I went for a scan and there was no heartbeat so they have said I might be just 6 weeks - and 6 weeks is often too early. That or my pregnancy isn't viable. Save yourself the two weeks of torture I'm going through and wait a while before having a scan!
Congratulations

raggles Thu 09-Jul-09 09:23:33

The numbers shown on those tests are time since conception so if it says 1-2 then your are 3-4 weeks pregnant. I used them and they were pretty accurate! Congratulations!

mogend77 Thu 09-Jul-09 21:08:44

I really don't think they are very accurate. They were wildly out for me but I know when I ovulated and the scan also agreed with me. The fact is the stats are based on first wee of the day - which is based on not weeing during the night. How many women in early pregnancy are getting through the night without a wee? Within days of conception my nighttime wee trips had multiplied! I really don't recommend them - they just breed paranoia imho!

mumbot Tue 14-Jul-09 19:39:21

Turns out they were accurate - scan showed 5 weeks - conception indicator was bang on!

Nice to know some things work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now