Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am hoping its nothing but...

(7 Posts)
Josie22 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:42:10

I am 5 weeks pg with my first. For the last few hours I keep on getting sharp shooting pain in my uterus. There are no other symptoms and I read on the internet that it could be ligaments stretching. Has anyone else heard of this? Is it normal? Any advice/reassuring would be great.

Josie22 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:42:40

Sorry meant 'reassurance'

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 08-Jul-09 19:43:58

Sounds like everything stretching.

Try not to worry.

I had this. Midwife said "you will probably lose the baby and have to have a D&C. This is what will happen....."

baby is now 8.

Bump02 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:54:53

Ah hun I had that almost everyday in the early weeks, felt awful and kept running to the loo But I am now 16 weeks and as far as I know it's all going well smile

I had terrible shooting pains, but midwife said as long as there is no blood I will be fine

Good luck (and congratulations) x

Bump02 Wed 08-Jul-09 19:55:52

Oh and it's probably implantation...look that up I can't explain it too well!!

maybebaby23 Wed 08-Jul-09 20:40:24

Yes i had the same! Hope that makes you feel a bit better. Its such a worry isn't it. I definately had the sharp shooting pains you describe.

Josie22 Wed 08-Jul-09 20:43:38

Thank you so much for your reassurance. Been fretting but am hoping that no blood etc is a good sign but feel much more positive knowing that other people have had it and its all turned out fine (Fabbakergirl - what a horrible thing for your midwife to put you through - am so glad it all worked out in the end).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now