Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's a good way to sleep better, please?

(6 Posts)
alittleteapot Tue 07-Jul-09 15:41:57

I'm 27 weeks pg. I'm pretty comfortable physically at night - have been very hot but less so the last few nights. DD has just started sleeping through. But I am lying half awake for at least three hours a night sometime between 2 and 6. Then I just get off again as it's time to get up for the day.

I think partly I'm not used to a child that's sleeping through and my body clock hasn't reset.

Any advice on how to get better sleep, esp now that I need it more than ever??

pippa251 Tue 07-Jul-09 15:45:44

I have found my eyes mask really helps- I don't know if it's purley psycological but I always manage to get off to sleep after I wake mid way through if I pop it on

GinaFordAteMyBaby Tue 07-Jul-09 16:23:48

You could try a hypnobirthing cd or something like that, which might also come in useful a bit further down the line. In general the breathing techniques are good for relaxing - long, slow breath in through the the nose, deep exhalation through your mouth.

It might just be a stage in your pregnancy - I've had trouble sleeping at various points. Seem to swing between either total exhaustion or not being able to sleep.

alittleteapot Tue 07-Jul-09 16:49:14

Thanks. I've also been wondering about a cup of good old fashioned Horlicks!

PeppermintCream Tue 07-Jul-09 17:04:34

I have an assortment of pillows, and I stead of sharing a duvet we use a single and a double, which allows me more options for manoeuvre. Then the old clasics, time to wind down before bed and a warm lavendar bath. HTH

Longtalljosie Tue 07-Jul-09 17:45:54

Without wishing to depress you - I think it's pregnancy itself which is causing this, rather than your body clock resetting now your DD is sleeping through. This is my first and I've had long periods of insomnia around 2-4ish since about week 29.

Are you waking up hungry? I've found eating a bit more in the evening is helping. And a pregnancy support pillow helps as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now