Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can labour just start from nowhere?

(9 Posts)
18mumtobe Tue 17-May-05 17:53:22

hi everyone

i was just wandering if anyone has gone into labour without any of the warning signs like braxton hicks etc.
ive heard people say they've been having them for months already and i don't think ive had any and im due in 7 days with my first. dose this mean that ill prob be late and have to be induced as haven't had any signs at all yet,
i know theres still time but i thought i should be noticing something by now.

just wandering what other people have experienced.

Distel Tue 17-May-05 17:56:36

I have had 3 babies and not had Braxton hicks with any of them.

jjash Tue 17-May-05 17:57:15

labour with first child was standard but labour with second child was out of nowhere!! so anything could happen yet ! Just cos you have no signs yet doesnt mean you might not get them in next few days .I went up a ladder cleaning windows when i went into labour with ds1 ! Good luck and just keep active i`d say.

Mirage Tue 17-May-05 19:49:50

I am 38wks with no2 & have never had braxton hicks.With dd,I went to bed the night before my due date & woke up with what I thought was an upset tummy at 3.15am.I had a show & the 1st contraction shortly afterwards & she was born at 7.21am.No one in my family could believe that I'd gone into labour & had the baby so quickly-my poor mum kept on saying'but she was walking around Tesco's with me yesterday with no sign at all of anything about to happen!'

Good luck

Katemum Tue 17-May-05 20:54:48

Had two babies and no braxton hicks. First arrived the day after he was due, second was 12 days late. Both times waters broke as I got into bed and that was the first hint that anything was happening. When waters broke with first the contractions didnt start until 5.30 the next morning, but with the second my waters broke at 10.30 pm and she was here at 11.59 pm!

dizzymama Tue 17-May-05 21:50:11

Never had any Braxton Hicks as such (i.e. nothing more than a vague twinge here and there) my labour started with back ache then I just felt as if I needed to goto the loo for a err...how to be delicate?....number two!! In short, even when labour was here I didn't recognise it as such! Good luck, hope it all goes really well

sweetkitty Tue 17-May-05 22:07:02

never had a braxton hicks twinge anything, water broke 15 days early, contractions thick and fast 4 hours later, DD born 4 hours 20 mins after that. Was in shock for about a week afterwards!!!

janeybops Tue 17-May-05 22:24:15

had 2 and never had a braxton hicks that I was aware of anyway!

18mumtobe Tue 17-May-05 23:32:35

thanx everyone for your replies, feel abit better now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now