Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diabetes, miscarriage and general anasthetic

(2 Posts)
tigger15 Mon 06-Jul-09 19:55:35

I'm not sure where to post this. I have had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and am type 1 diabetic. I have waited 4 weeks for it to come out naturally but it hasn't. They first suggested that the procedure to remove it could be done under local anasthetic but when I mentioned that not eating for 6 hours in the day would require careful control by me and small injections they refused to allow me to do this and insisted I had to have it done under general anasthetic.

Has anyone else had this experience at UCH and how did you convince them to allow it under local? I really don't want a general anasthetic as frankly I've found that "trained" people have no idea about diabetics either and have had some really nasty experiences with this.

Milliemuffin Wed 08-Jul-09 22:00:17

Sorry I can't help but just wanted to bump this up so hopefully someone will see it and get back to you...

Really sorry to hear about your m/c, i had one at 8 wks in march so kind of know how you're feeling as I found out at an early scan and had to wait to miscarry which fortunately I did 2wks later. Hope all works out ok for you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now