Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is it possible to get pregnant so soon after baby's birth?

(11 Posts)
clpsmum Mon 06-Jul-09 10:24:06

Hi i have a 6 month old baby who i am still breastfeeding and my periods have not started back yet but have a funny feeling i am pregnant again, is this possible???

misdee Mon 06-Jul-09 10:25:02

if you have had unprotected sex, then yes

fucksticks Mon 06-Jul-09 10:26:35

yes definitely, my sister got preg 6 WEEKS after her baby was born

madwomanintheattic Mon 06-Jul-09 10:26:39

the wife of my boss was pg again within 6 weeks. she didn't realise until about the point you are...

Fruitysunshine Mon 06-Jul-09 10:27:18

Yuppers. I know somebody who was pregnant 6 weeks after giving birth.

thisisyesterday Mon 06-Jul-09 10:27:43

yes, it is.

LAM is very, very effective. but to be effective baby needs to be under 6 months, exclusively breastfed on demand (inc during the night), having no other food and your periods haven't returned.

that makes it around 98-99% effective I believe

ShowOfHands Mon 06-Jul-09 10:31:02

I was bfing every 2hrs day and night when dd was 14 weeks old and had been feeding that frequently since birth. I felt weird, swore I was ovulating and sure enough had a period a couple of weeks later. Was very annoyed!

If you've ovulated and had unprotected sex then yes, absolutely you could be pregnant and would never have had a period.

QueenofVenus Mon 06-Jul-09 10:38:46

Hello there, funny this subject should come up, my friend just last week had her 6 week post-natal check and got a positive pregnancy test while there, she absolutley stunned to say the least!!

clpsmum Mon 06-Jul-09 10:41:38

thanks everyone think a trip to boots for test is on the cards!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 06-Jul-09 10:44:46

Good luck!

clpsmum Mon 06-Jul-09 10:58:27

thanks, will let you all know the outcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now