Talk

Advanced search

ring midwife or not? braxton hicks and watery down there!

(13 Posts)
VirtualFairy Tue 17-May-05 12:39:20

i am having braxton hicks every 4-10 minutes this morning and have had them over the last few days but have started timing them just to see how many i am having in an hour, In the last hour i have had 11 contractions. i am only 22 weeks so if this is preterm labour this is a major prob! i am also getting watery discharge down there - it came on yesterday, and last night had to change pants in he night as was wet, i have smelled it and smells "clean" i think if it was urine it wouldnt smell so "nice" sorry its a bit mad describing my discharge as nice smelling lol.
If i ring the midwife and she says chill out you re panicing for nothing i will not be relived and if she says come in and be tested for fluid leaking and monitoring of contractions i will be freaked out. if i do go in and watery discharge stops and contractions stop, midwifes will think i am a paranoid nutter, especially because this is not my first baby.
does anyone thing these symtoms are normal and should i stop panicing and chill, or shall i call the midwife anyway?

hotmama Tue 17-May-05 12:55:46

Virtual Fairy - if it was me I would definitely ring the midwife for advice. I never had braxton hicks that I was aware of and my waters were broken during labour so I can't comment from experience but if your wetness isn't urine I would definitely get it checked out NOW!

lockets Tue 17-May-05 12:57:21

Message withdrawn

beansprout Tue 17-May-05 12:58:04

Please call her VF, as this is not typical at 22 weeks. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you, hope everything is ok

hotmama Tue 17-May-05 13:05:45

I hope everything turns out O.K. Please let us know what the midwife says etc. [crossed fingers icon]

hotmama Wed 18-May-05 08:48:56

Virtual Fairy - is everything O.K?

hotmama Wed 18-May-05 18:11:10

VF - hopefully you are O.K - please let us know how you are.

natts Wed 18-May-05 18:44:26

definatly call, i work in a maternity hosp and I'm certain they will tell you to come in.liquor doesn't smell offensive infact it is quite a sweet smell.[gros i know]. let us know how you get on.

hotmama Thu 19-May-05 08:49:41

bump

lockets Thu 19-May-05 08:57:56

Message withdrawn

natts Thu 19-May-05 09:59:11

has anyone heard anything?

Kiwifruit Thu 19-May-05 10:01:52

Natts - there's 2 threads with the same title - VF has posted on the other thread - she is in labour and 2cms dilated. They have kept her in hospital and are trying to stop the labour

milward Sat 21-May-05 20:33:21

Hope you're ok vf - thinking of you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now