Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

ring midwife or not? braxton hicks and watery down there!

(13 Posts)
VirtualFairy Tue 17-May-05 12:39:20

i am having braxton hicks every 4-10 minutes this morning and have had them over the last few days but have started timing them just to see how many i am having in an hour, In the last hour i have had 11 contractions. i am only 22 weeks so if this is preterm labour this is a major prob! i am also getting watery discharge down there - it came on yesterday, and last night had to change pants in he night as was wet, i have smelled it and smells "clean" i think if it was urine it wouldnt smell so "nice" sorry its a bit mad describing my discharge as nice smelling lol.
If i ring the midwife and she says chill out you re panicing for nothing i will not be relived and if she says come in and be tested for fluid leaking and monitoring of contractions i will be freaked out. if i do go in and watery discharge stops and contractions stop, midwifes will think i am a paranoid nutter, especially because this is not my first baby.
does anyone thing these symtoms are normal and should i stop panicing and chill, or shall i call the midwife anyway?

hotmama Tue 17-May-05 12:55:46

Virtual Fairy - if it was me I would definitely ring the midwife for advice. I never had braxton hicks that I was aware of and my waters were broken during labour so I can't comment from experience but if your wetness isn't urine I would definitely get it checked out NOW!

lockets Tue 17-May-05 12:57:21

Message withdrawn

beansprout Tue 17-May-05 12:58:04

Please call her VF, as this is not typical at 22 weeks. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you, hope everything is ok

hotmama Tue 17-May-05 13:05:45

I hope everything turns out O.K. Please let us know what the midwife says etc. [crossed fingers icon]

hotmama Wed 18-May-05 08:48:56

Virtual Fairy - is everything O.K?

hotmama Wed 18-May-05 18:11:10

VF - hopefully you are O.K - please let us know how you are.

natts Wed 18-May-05 18:44:26

definatly call, i work in a maternity hosp and I'm certain they will tell you to come in.liquor doesn't smell offensive infact it is quite a sweet smell.[gros i know]. let us know how you get on.

hotmama Thu 19-May-05 08:49:41

bump

lockets Thu 19-May-05 08:57:56

Message withdrawn

natts Thu 19-May-05 09:59:11

has anyone heard anything?

Kiwifruit Thu 19-May-05 10:01:52

Natts - there's 2 threads with the same title - VF has posted on the other thread - she is in labour and 2cms dilated. They have kept her in hospital and are trying to stop the labour

milward Sat 21-May-05 20:33:21

Hope you're ok vf - thinking of you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: