Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks and panicking about all the things that could be wrong...

(3 Posts)
Zorra Mon 06-Jul-09 07:40:39

...with Tiny.

I have had the odd 'what if there's something seriously wrong with the baby when it's born' moment, but in the last week or so I seem to have gone off the deep end and now it's on my mind all the time.

Obviously nobody knows (aside from some very specific tests during the pregnancy) how Bubs is, but is anyone else on a mind-spiral about this? And can I do anything apart from relaxation breathing and giving myself a good talking to? Obviously the more I think about it the worse it gets (from an emotional self-wind-up point of view) and it's interferring with my sleep

Astrophe Mon 06-Jul-09 07:58:37

I know exactly where you are coming from. Even when I'm not pregnant I sometimes struggle with intrusive thoughts, and when I'm pregnant and hormaonal (I'm 37 weeks too) then I find it harder still.

A few things help me cope: I'm a Christian and really do trust that God has a plan for good, even in very difficult situations...and so I would trust Him if my child were disabled in some way...although I do pray for baby's health and safety of course.

The other thing I need to remind myself of is that my worrying makes no difference to the situation. I sometimes freak out a bit because I think "I shouldn't be thinking like this...as though I am going to bring some calamity upon myself...Well I know thats not true. If I worry or if I don't, the situation will be the same. I guess being aware of this helps me to acknowledge my own fears and accept them, rather than trying to convince myself not to think about it, which doesn't help, and just makes me more wound up.

I hope that helps a bit...in any case, chances are your baby will be just fine, and you are certainly not alone in being anxious.

reallydoneitthistime Mon 06-Jul-09 08:01:02

I was always anxious during my pregnancies. If I wasn't worried one day, I'd worry about that! You aren't alone. Best wishes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now