Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you feel as though period was coming before getting a Bfp?

(16 Posts)
Claire2009 Sun 05-Jul-09 21:54:02

?

Rolf Sun 05-Jul-09 21:56:38

Yes! I'd have sworn I was getting my period. With my first child, I even took ibuprofen and used a tampon, I was so sure it was about to start.

Hope you get the result you want smile

hester Sun 05-Jul-09 21:58:03

Yes, I have never felt so just-before-a-period as I did when newly pregnant.

Good luck.

readyfornumber2and3 Sun 05-Jul-09 22:00:59

Definately! With DS i took 6 tests over 6 days as I was convinced I was going to come on at any point

Claire2009 Sun 05-Jul-09 22:01:14

Thanks

Did you just think you were going to get a period or did you have any typical before period like symptoms?

hester Sun 05-Jul-09 22:04:16

I had period pains, tension, that congested feeling... the full gamut. I just couldn't believe I wasn't getting my period.

They don't tell you that in the books, do they? They always make the symptoms of pregnancy sound very distinct - but in fact the ones they cite are the ones that kick in at around 8 weeks (like nausea). At 4-6 weeks, it's a different kettle.

Are you ttc, Claire?

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 05-Jul-09 22:04:39

Yes, exactly. I also had implantation bleeding so thought my period was here but it wasnt smile

Am confused by your last question - did you mean atypical? I had typical my period is coming symptoms but a bit worse - I was very emotional both times, cramps - worse than period pains with my first and tired. I also had huge big blue veins on my boobs - the first time I just wondered what they were (we werent trying) the second time I went oh!

LittlePeanut Sun 05-Jul-09 22:14:19

Yes I did. Particularly severe PMT (the raging ump) - turned out to be pg though!

Claire2009 Sun 05-Jul-09 22:20:24

I ovulated 30th/1st July.
Period due 15th-17th kinda time if it comes, I hope it doesn't.

Been feeling sick, dry mouth, metal taste for the last 3-4 days, today has been better. But mild backache there which I get towards period time, and am a tiny bit moody. blush

brettgirl2 Sun 05-Jul-09 23:07:49

Yes, absolutely. Was so convinced that I drank half a bottle of wine the night before I even started to wonder (In fact I was 5 weeks pg blush)

Longtalljosie Mon 06-Jul-09 06:37:20

Yes and no...

Yes, I did think my period was coming the week before and was really upset. I had an implantation bleed - and period pain type cramps. And sore boobs.

But as that week went on - I began to think something was different. The blood had gone (obviously) - the cramps weren't getting any stronger - and the boob pain was different to period boob pain - more shooting pain than general acheyness.

By the time I took the test I was pretty convinced I was pregnant.

Longtalljosie Mon 06-Jul-09 06:45:06

I had the metallic taste too - that's a good sign...

izzybiz Mon 06-Jul-09 06:50:27

I did, sort of a heavy feeling, bit crampy, sore boobs....good luck!

Claire2009 Mon 06-Jul-09 13:32:09

Thanks.

Metallic taste there, dry mouth, bit of nausea.

I never did get achy boobs throughout either preg with Dd/Ds..

Hmm..fingers crossed

plusonemore Mon 06-Jul-09 13:41:30

yes for me...funny taste (esp with cups of tea hmm ) achey, bloated, def period like feeling

keeping my fingers crossed for you x

verytiredmummy Mon 06-Jul-09 15:48:03

I didn't last time; I kind of knew that my period wasn't going to arrive because I had no symptoms at all.

But this time I was absolutely convinced I wasn't pregnant - had all the usual period symptoms and even left work to go and buy tampons because I thought it was about to arrive. Then, bingo! BFP.

Fingers crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now