Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Loads of Braxton Hicks at 37 weeks- do you think baby is on his way?!

(6 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Sun 05-Jul-09 21:28:16

I've had some on and off before but I've had tons today. I'm 37+2 days and can't wait for baby to appear- what do you think?

Heebychick Mon 06-Jul-09 09:05:38

Hi, i'm 38+5 and as desperate as you sound! I too have had lots of BH but no sign yet, although seeing mw today so am hoping she can say if baby is engaged or not. I might even ask for a sweep as i feel 'ready' if that makes sense?

Is this your first?

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 06-Jul-09 13:05:46

Hi Heebychick, can you ask your midwife when my baby is coming too please? No this is my second baby but I keep thinking it's all got to happen soon because I went into labour with DS the equivalent of tomorrow! How about you, is it your first? Good luck! x

Heebychick Mon 06-Jul-09 13:18:46

I will ask of course grin, if only they were that good huh!

This is my second (DD is 2.4) but this late stage feels totally different this time, last time i didn't have any BH or false alarms but with this one i am having some very strange, painful tightenings etc so i'm hoping that's a good sign.

DD was back to back so i'm trying to keep on the yoga ball and scrubbing those floors to make sure it's not back to back this time!

Good luck to you too! What are your 'symptoms' xx

ilikeyoursleeves Mon 06-Jul-09 13:54:33

I can't really remember too many BH's last time either- DS is 20 months old so maybe I've just forgotton Are you on the July thread? Come join ushere and chat!

In terms of other symptoms, I've been nesting like mad (hoovering ceilings!), peeing loads, and feeling quite breathless at times. Not much else though don't think, apart from impatience! I just ant babba here now. Do you know your flavour? I've having another boy

Heebychick Mon 06-Jul-09 14:50:50

Know we didn't find out (altho secretly hope for a blue flavour - sorry if you are pink baby!) be nice to have one of each!

I've been nesting too and finishing up on work, i work from home so it's hard to just stop, plus because it's my own business i don't want to turn any work away! Haven't hoovered a ceiling yet tho! hmmm!

I have been breathless too and i keep having these weird pains like i'm having my bladder pinched! or sat on - mind you i probably am i suppose - and lots of tight bump pains, i also feel like i'm carrying really really low.

I will pop over and say hi in a mo thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now