Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

coming out of the pelvis area.. can it be before 12weeks!!

(4 Posts)
twoplusone Sun 05-Jul-09 17:19:13

Thats it really.. my stich /stretch like pains have moved from my pelvic area to lower tummy area.. I am 8+2wks with my 4th.. My over hang( nice thought i know) has already lifted too.. SO as some people do show earlier with subsequent pgs ( was in maternity clothes at 10weeks last time).. Os this because the babies come out of the pelvis quicker or because ligaments muscles etc remember what they should be doing and do them

Weegle Sun 05-Jul-09 18:17:20

I don't know, medically speaking, but anecdotally I would say yes. I'm currently 11.5 weeks pregnant with my second pregnancy, but am carrying twins. I positively felt a bump appear one morning last week - it was literally like it had come up from my pelvic area. My stretching pains and feelings are now much more between tummy button and pelvic bone rather than any lower. I actually feel a bit of a fraud though having what is really a very noticeable bumpso early!

twoplusone Sun 05-Jul-09 22:12:49

Congratulations weegle. Thank you for your post.

mogend77 Thu 09-Jul-09 21:14:54

I suspect the two things are connected - ie good tummy muscles in earlier pregnancies keep the womb in place longer - it is easier for it to pop out if the tummy muscles are a bit lax iyswim. FWIW I have pretty rubbish tummy muscles & popped out at 11 weeks first time & 8+5 this time! I am also proportionately short in the body though for my height & I udnerstand this can be a factor too. Some people with long torsos show much later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now