Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 14 weeks pregnant

(10 Posts)
Pinkjenny Sun 05-Jul-09 16:28:21

I am 14+1 today, and have just been to the toilet and noticed some blood on wiping. It's reddish brown and isn't on my knickers, just on the paper.

Have experienced bleeding in my last pg between 5 and 8 weeks, and this time at 6 weeks, all unexplained. 12 week scan was normal.

I'm at my parents house with dd and dh, and I don't want to cause a scene or dash off to EPU. Do I just need to keep an eye on it?

crumpette Sun 05-Jul-09 17:05:03

Hi Pinkjenny I'm about 14 weeks too and same here, today and yesterday.

I don't know the answer- have heard if brownish then it's 'old' blood and if bright red then it's the most worrying..

erm, I'd be grateful for advice too! Sorry not v helpful, but like you I don't want to look silly going to hospital for no reason x

Picante Sun 05-Jul-09 17:08:45

Have you got cramps too? I'd want to get it checked out tbh.

ShowOfHands Sun 05-Jul-09 17:11:36

It's probably nothing. Having had a normal scan the chances of anything untoward happening is slim.

Bleeding in pregnancy is common. It is not normal though. You know this.

I think for your own peace of mind you perhaps need to see somebody. I know you. In the wee small hours you will be in bed panicking.

Can you self refer at the EPU?

Pinkjenny Sun 05-Jul-09 17:12:52

Yeah, I can self refer. I'll keep my eye on it and go later if necessary. No cramps or discomfort.

crumpette Sun 05-Jul-09 17:17:11

Good luck Pinkjenny, hope it's ok. I remember being told last time when I was pregnant with DD that having sex blush can cause bleeding from your cervix but it's nothing to worry about- I don't know if that applies to you (sure doesn't for me!!! grin)

I think I will wait and see if it goes away, if it's still there or gets worse or red instead of brown I will go and get mine checked out, but no EPU near me so will have embarrassing trek to A&E probably! argh. I am having some pains but no bad cramps or anything, just mild discomfort.

Picante Sun 05-Jul-09 17:18:43

No cramps is a great sign.

smile

redboxer Sun 05-Jul-09 19:21:35

I bleed at 7, 9 and 19 weeks...was only tiny amounts and appeared on tissue, darkish brown. I did get checked at 7 weeks, and the 19weeks one I went to the labour ward, although whilst waiting to be seen he had started moving about so I assumed all was well.

I did ask the MW why it happens and she said no apparent reason but it could be that the cervix has got a little inflammed.

Hope this helps, but always get checked if you are worried.

Bentina Sun 05-Jul-09 20:33:11

What the above ladies said. A little bit of blood is very common and if there's no cramping, pain, or solid matter being passed then you're almost certainly fine. But do get it checked out if it will make you feel better.

Pinkjenny Tue 07-Jul-09 09:46:20

How are you crumpette? I still have brown on wiping, but no change, and no abdo pain or cramps. Have a midwife appointment on Thursday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now