Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

someone remind me what it's like please

(5 Posts)
Kaylo Sun 05-Jul-09 00:19:21

Ok, this may seem a little strange but...

We are due to start TTC baby #3 in September and although it's only about 8 weeks away I find myself unable to think about anything else and it's starting to irritate DH so please please please could someone remind me how difficult pregnancy is and see if I can dampen down my impatience!
I do have a son (3yrs) and a daughter (4yrs) so I should know this already but my brain is doing a good job in only allowing me to think of bump and backache! hmm

Strange request I know, sorry! blush

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEE.....

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 05-Jul-09 01:07:53

Vomiting

Hot

Vomiting

Peeing

Vomiting

Hot

Did I mention vomiting? wink

We are 8 months away from TTCing DC2 and I'm trying to remind myself how potentially hard it will be so that I don't wish the months away!

Qally Sun 05-Jul-09 05:53:28

Leg cramps

Breathlessness

Constipation

Baby brain

Backache

Insomnia

Snuffliness

Migraines

Sore boobs

Weight rocketing

Acid reflux

Heartburn

Nausea

Vomiting

...all with a toddler to look after!

And then the real treat as the coup de grace: CHILDBIRTH.

iris66 Sun 05-Jul-09 06:24:47

insomnia
overwhelming tiredness
involuntary grunting
cankles
memory loss
ligament pain
kicks in the fanjo
wetting yourself when you cough/sneeze
children climbing all over your bump
not fitting in the bath
bleeding gums
dizzy spells
agonising walks to nursery
worrying if you can actually "do" childbirth even though you've done it before hmm

is that enough? wink
Good luck TTC!

< iris66 (39+6)waddles off to forage for food before 20mth old and 3yr old get up!>

Kaylo Sun 05-Jul-09 10:10:10

You are all excellent!!!

I'd forgotten about nearly all those!!!! Especially not fitting in bath - which I really should have because we didn't have a shower either of my pg's.

Alibabaandthe40nappies - sounds like you're in the same boat as me!!

Iris66 - goodness me, you're so close. Is your baby breech? Just wondered with you saying you get kicks in your hmmm mm.

Qally shock how could I have forgotten about acid reflux and heartburn!!

And the childbirth bit - maybe I'm weird but I enjoyed my labour's and delivery's. With DD I had a 3 hour labour and went to sleep between contractions (she was born 03:24 am) and with DS I was in labour for 9 hours altogether but only had gas and air - I did have a LOT of red bull tho cos I'd been up all night with sporadic contractions - he was born 13:54pm.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! I'm now gonna shut-up and admire all you pg ladies that are going through it - us ladies are strong aren't we? To achieve something so precious

iris66 and qally wishing you easy remaining weeks (iris in your case days) pg and happy healthy lo's grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies - best of luck TTC

Thanks again everyone - I massively appreaciate this - it will make DH's life a little quieter easier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now