Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Addicted to v spicy concentrated chilli flake Paste - is this going to hurt my baby?

(4 Posts)
sha17 Sat 04-Jul-09 13:06:55

I love the stuff you can get at good chinese and thai restaurants - i can eat whole tubs when most people eat only half a teaspoon. I can't find any research saying this will harm a growing child though - has anyone else heard anything?

lljkk Sat 04-Jul-09 13:14:26

What's in it? If uncooked flour there's a slight risk of tummy upset I think.
I doubt very much it's worth worrying about.

sha17 Sat 04-Jul-09 13:43:12

no flour - just tongue numbing chilli flakes, oil, fish sauce and concentrated prawn paste. like a chilli sambal

gillybeanie Sat 04-Jul-09 14:05:48

when i was pregnant with both mine i craved chili big time the hotter the better, my mum is from malaysia and she used to make me chilli sambal really hot, as well as that i always had sliced chillis with noodles and rice, and hot curries, my mum had loads of hot food when she was preg with me think that is why i love it so much.Don"t think there is any thing to worry about.....maybe just heartburn!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now