Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When does the random crying about stupid things stop?

(32 Posts)
alittleteapot Sat 04-Jul-09 12:18:21

I had it in the first trimester then it went. I'm now 26 weeks and it's back with a vengeance, partly because I'm very tired. Do I get a break before the random waterfall tears post birth? I'm beginning to feel a bit silly!

kormachameleon Sat 04-Jul-09 12:19:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeadFairy Sat 04-Jul-09 12:20:02

Korma's right, I spent months when ds was tiny sobbing in the wee hours for absolutely no reason. Kerrazy hormones!

alittleteapot Sat 04-Jul-09 12:23:19

Oh good, that's reassuring then! I feel like the school cry-baby at the moment. It's getting a bit silly. But I do think it's partly fatigue.

mrswee Sat 04-Jul-09 12:28:40

I cried what seemed like all the way to work this morning because my friends are going out tonight and I'm not... not something that would normally get me down!
I had right red eyes at work!!

TreeTrunkThighs Sat 04-Jul-09 12:52:24

I don't think it is ever going to stop for me.

Beat this....I cried when they closed the roof for the first time at Wimbledon hmm I think it was the crowd cheering but I still felt like a fool! Thank goodness I was all alone!

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 12:54:13

mine never really stopped and DS just joined in when he was born

i might just beat you there treetrunks, i cried after dh made me bangers and mash because the mash was sooo lovely! he'd pureed it so no lumps with onion gravy! I sobbed into my food then laughed then sobbed! LOLgrin

ate it all though damn nice it was! grin

VAB Fri 10-Jul-09 14:54:44

Oh goodness I cried this morning wailing 'How will I manage with a baby, will I be a good mummy?' at my husband. He looked at me strangely and gave me a hug. He thinks I'm a mentalist I'm sure...

I've cried at all sorts of stupid things on the TV.blush Although I don't think i can beat the Wimbledon roof one!! LOL

alana39 Fri 10-Jul-09 15:26:18

I cried when I read Charlie Cook's Favourite Book to DCs last night. Agreed that Wimbledon roof is much better though, clearly I am only an amateur at this grin

YanknCock Fri 10-Jul-09 22:21:59

Ok, I've got a great one for spontaneous crying, but it's a bit geeky....

Driving in the car, somewhere in the 2nd trimester, listening to a radio programme (think they were talking about vaccines or something) and the interviewee steals a line from Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan and says 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few'.

All of a sudden, I'm in tears and can barely keep the car on the road. DH asks what's wrong, and I start sobbing 'You know when Spock dies? That's soooooo saaaaaaadddddd!!!!'

DH tried to reassure me that Spock does in fact come back to life in the next movie, but I was inconsolable 'Yes, but it's so hard, and he has to go through that Pon Far thing....' and continued to blubber and sob about it for at least 15 minutes longer.

He loves to remind me about it. Sometimes I well up a bit. hmm

4andnotout Fri 10-Jul-09 22:23:45

DD1 is 7 and i still weep at random moments grin

nomorecake Sat 11-Jul-09 00:04:03

i was thinking about this today, i dont know how pregnant newsreaders cope. i would wail cry endlessly when i listened to the news.

expatinscotland Sat 11-Jul-09 00:17:04

Never. I sob even when my cat kills a mouse.

Snowfalls108 Sat 11-Jul-09 13:11:40

31 weeks and have cried twice this morning. Once when reading a report in the paper, and once when walking past a blind man playing the accordian. Cried twice yesterday as well.
Hormones are just joy!

Tigresswoods Sat 11-Jul-09 15:29:35

In answer to thread question:

"Never, you are a woman"

grin

trellism Sat 11-Jul-09 15:34:42

I burst into floods of tears on a flight back from New York last week. I was inconsolable. The reason? My V-Port entertainment system wouldn't work and couldn't be fixed.

I'm usually such a cold-hearted sod as well.

Tigresswoods Sat 11-Jul-09 20:38:17

having made the above comment I found myself wanting to cry at harry potter this afternoon, all they were doing was changing the bogart into something funny. it wasn't sad at all. Had to make DH turn over.

blush

JasHook Sat 11-Jul-09 20:42:17

trellism I know the feeling - normally I'm so concrete that saintly grannies holding puppies fail to move me.

But now....show me Torchwood last night? Sniffling like a bunny rabbit with hay fever every time a child screamed. Gah.

aoifesmama Sun 12-Jul-09 22:10:27

Yep, DD now 14 weeks and I'm LOVING it! Look into the window most nights tho and you wouldnt know (even cried at Armageddon last night!!!)

Baisey Mon 13-Jul-09 09:42:06

I shed a tear at the ending of Babe this morning...
Yesterday I threw a full blown tantrum because I couldnt find my favourite hoodie.
Gotta love these hormones.

Baisey Mon 13-Jul-09 09:43:07

In fact reading the comment about Harry Potter, God help me on Wednesday because Ive been waiting so long to see this film im going to be weeping and wailing all the way through it.

Tigresswoods Tue 14-Jul-09 20:11:51

Oh dear, cried a lot today. No reason. no reason at all.

babyball Wed 15-Jul-09 10:24:13

A word of advice: Do NOT watch Animal Rescue. Was blubbing for a straight hour after watching them unsucessfully try and free a fox from a trap...

Stannie Wed 15-Jul-09 12:40:44

I'm getting fairly ashamed of my outbursts! OH thinks I have finally lost marbles though as I cried watching an advert for bleach over the weekend.. because "no one thinks of how the germs feel"

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now