Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bitter taste in mouth - symptom and so soon?

(7 Posts)
Incognitoforawhile Fri 03-Jul-09 18:16:43

Ok, so DH and I decided kinda on the spur of the moment to TTC for no.2. Started a few days ago. The day after I started I got a bitter taste in my mouth and it hasn't gone. It's worse when I am eating, all food tastes weird. Could this be a pregnancy symptom and how quickly can symptoms start?

Some websites suggest that it could be the pregnancy vitamins and to be fair I have only just started taking them, but I don't remember that from last time.

ThePhantomPlopper Fri 03-Jul-09 18:23:17

You may well be pregnant, but the mind is a powerful thing, I used to imagine many symptoms only to be disappointed when I came on.

Hope this is your month though.

Good luck.

Incognitoforawhile Fri 03-Jul-09 18:44:55

You are right about imagining things but I am definitely not imagining the taste (yuk) and I wouldn't expect to feel anything yet.

I must try not to get my hopes up though.

3littlefrogs Fri 03-Jul-09 18:49:29

Have you been eating pine nuts?

dizzymac Fri 03-Jul-09 18:50:26

Have you had any pine nuts?
I posted on here about a bitter taste last week. apparently pine nuts do cause a nasty bitter taste which is worse after eating. ( this is what I had).
People said it may take 2 weeks to clear but it actually only took a couple of days.

Incognitoforawhile Fri 03-Jul-09 18:56:14

I also read that, and actually yes, I have eaten pine nuts, but have never had the taste before.

Hmmm, it's probably the most likely explanation though. Will stop getting hopes us.

Thanks all

3littlefrogs Fri 03-Jul-09 19:05:09

The chinese produced pine nuts are the cheaper ones and they can leave a bitter taste for up to two weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now