Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FAINT pregnancy test result

(15 Posts)
MelJH3 Fri 03-Jul-09 14:12:11

Hi! I've been trying to get pregnant for about 5 months, and could really do with some advice. I did a preganacy test last night (one of the really sensitive ones) which had a VERY faint line i.e. could see it if held in the right light. I then did another one this morning and it was a shade darker but still very faint. Was by now feeling very unsure, so went and bought a digital test which came back negative!

So now dont know whether preg or not

Any suggestions hugely welcomed...

Wheelybug Fri 03-Jul-09 14:17:21

How late are you ?

Digital tests aren't very sensitive so possible that they aren't picking up the pregnancy but a sensitive one is.

What sort of sensitive test - was it shop bought or ebay ?

alana39 Fri 03-Jul-09 14:18:39

Faint should mean positive. Is it very early on to test? If so then I would wait a few days and retest, as if you ovulated later in your cycle it may take a little while longer before you get a darker line. Have no experience of digital ones, sorry. I had a negative test this time at 4 weeks exactly - retested a few days later when I started to feel sick and it was positive.

izzybiz Fri 03-Jul-09 14:19:25

I had a very faint + with my second pregnancy, she is now 5!
I always thought a + is a + if you get what I mean.
Maybe the digital test is less sensitive, I take it its still very early? Maybe wait a couple of days and try again!

Good luck! xx

MelJH3 Fri 03-Jul-09 14:21:18

The first test was a shop bought one (first response) and the second one was an internet bought one

My cycle is still a bit all over the place since I came off the pill, but I thought my period was due 2 days ago?

MelJH3 Fri 03-Jul-09 14:25:11

Thanks for the advice all! I'm just so impatient!

fingers crossed... smile

Wheelybug Fri 03-Jul-09 14:25:53

If faint and within the right time frame for reading it probably is positive.

The reason I asked about shop bought/internet is that I did an ebay cheapie and it was so faint I had to hold itup to the light, decided I was imagining it (2 years ttc!) but next day couldn't shake the feeling something was up and did a first response - dark line within seconds.

Somewhere there is a site with the sensitivity of different tests on it.

MelJH3 Fri 03-Jul-09 14:27:24

Great, thanks. I'll give it a day or two and try with a first response one

anniemac Fri 03-Jul-09 14:38:55

Message withdrawn

Ninjacat Fri 03-Jul-09 15:01:27

I had a really feint positive with a boots test. Went to Family Planning Clinic the next day and they did a dip test. Again a feint positive but as nurse said a + is a + however feint. I was only 3/4 days late.
20 weeks now so all the best.

Mummywannabe Fri 03-Jul-09 21:53:56

I had a faint line on a boots test 2 days before i was due on. Little monster now 1yr old. I also did a first responce and a tesco's the same day (oh my i was a little nuts!). Clearest line was a boots one but faint.

Tamlin Fri 03-Jul-09 21:59:35

First Response is the most sensitive test, although I never got a dark line on it. I got a faint positive with FR the same day as I got a negative with a Clear Blue digital, and since I'm now 22 weeks, I'd say that FR had it right...

So yes, would say you're pregnant!

bubblesincambridge Thu 09-Jul-09 09:32:11

I had a very faint line at first (a few days before my period was due) which got darker over the following few days. I used a super-sensitive test stick that I got mail order (really cheap - about £4 for 10 sticks).

I think I tested myself 9 times altogether!!

It depends on how sensitive your test is. But if there's a line, apparently its positive no matter how faint it is so congratulations!!

blondieminx Thu 09-Jul-09 09:54:58

I only got a faint positive and that was 5 days after period was due. Nurse at my GP's said to test again 2 days later - did and the line was darker. Had 12 week scan last week!

Good luck smile

mangopassionfruitshake Thu 09-Jul-09 09:55:41

You're pregnant, you're pregnant! Congratulations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now