Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Got an infection- scan tomorrow 6 weeks- will they see anything?

(3 Posts)
TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Thu 02-Jul-09 19:06:11

Had MC in april. This time I thought everything was going well until today. I have a temperature and it hurts to breathe. Been told I have an infection and to go for a scan in the morning to check on the baby. I will be 6 weeks to the day.

Will they see anything?

So worried sad

TotalChaos Thu 02-Jul-09 19:09:23

they are more likely to see something (yolk sac/fetal pole) that will indicate that the baby is growing in the right place than a heartbeat at this stage. (A heartbeat can sometimes be seen at 6 weeks, but it may take until 8 weeks PG). And if you are at all out with your dates then that can also affect what can be seen (so they might not see a fetal pole if you are 5.5 weeks PG instead of 6 weeks say). So be prepared they may want to do a repeat scan in 10-14 days. Have they said if it's an internal scan? Just if it's internal you don't need to drink and drink to get a full bladder.

good luck, and sorry you are having such a worrying time.

Pipsweet Thu 02-Jul-09 19:21:39

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling very well - you poor thing.

If it's an internal, they may be able to see something at 6 weeks, ie at that stage for me, they saw two sacs and embryos. However, they couldn't tell if they could see heartbeats so I had go back the following weeks. I wasn't too stressed about it as they had warned me it is very early and more likely to NOT see a heartbeat.

At 7 weeks they saw a heartbeat in one of my embryos, but nothing in the other

Wishing you all the very best of luck tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now