Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just pondering.... maternity models?

(4 Posts)
MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 02-Jul-09 16:40:39

So what do you think...

The ladies they have advertising the maternity clothes in all the catalogues/websites:

Do we reckon they are all actual pregnant women (and if so is there some agency for finding gorgeous women at just the right stage of have-bump-but-not-yet-ridiculously-huge-with-elephant-feet?) - or are they normal baby-free and blissfully un-stretchmarked models just with a fake bump strategically shoved down their front? I am curious!

Owlingate Thu 02-Jul-09 16:46:12

I too have wondered about this.

In my first pg I was v small with a nice small bump and no extra weight anywhere, never got stretchmarks, but I still had this pregnant 'fat boob' thing going on even with my skinny arms etc. And none of them seem to have fat boobs.

And the bump is often exactly the same and in the same place (quite low down ime for a smaller bump).

Does anyone actually know? There can't be that many models pg with their first who are available at exactly the right stage of pregnancy?

bigbaubles Thu 02-Jul-09 16:53:30

My friend is a model and has done maternity work for well known catalogues. She has never been pregnant and wears a prosthetic bump grin

lastboxoftampons Thu 02-Jul-09 17:26:18

Ah, Bigbaubles, that totally explains the entirety of the Asos website, thank you!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now