Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20+4 and not felt a thing?

(15 Posts)
Folkestone Thu 02-Jul-09 15:23:57

Everyone I speak to including my midwife and the sonographer has said "Oh I bet your feeling it kicking now?" but I haven't felt anything. I had my scan yesterday so I know all is ok.

Has this happened to anyone else?

SheWillBeLoved Thu 02-Jul-09 16:16:10

I didn't feel a thing until 22 weeks, even then it would happen once, then not at all for a few days until around 24 weeks when she got a bit more active. They still have plenty of room to manoeuvre at 20 weeks so don't worry

schneebly Thu 02-Jul-09 16:26:53

I was about 22 weeks before I felt anything - with my second too! Not sure if t was because I have a bit of extra padding wink. Quite normal though!

Boogellyboo Fri 03-Jul-09 18:55:28

Im 20+6 and apart from the odd 'is it, isnt it?' washing machine spin movement there havent been any definate kicks yet. This is my first and everyone keeps saying 'You must have felt it kick now?' Its driving me insane!

peppapighastakenovermylife Fri 03-Jul-09 20:35:32

With DS I felt proper kicks through my tummy by 17 weeks. With DD (second baby) I had a few flutters at 22 weeks but couldnt confidently identify baby kicks until at least 25 weeks.

At the time I was really worried but healthy heartbeat etc so I ignored. DD was absolutely fine.

Now this could be complete coincidence. DS is a livewire. Whinged and whined as a baby until he could sit up unsupported at 16 weeks, pulled up standing 6 months, cruising 7 months and now at 3 years is completely insane and doesnt stop from morning til night grin

DD - the most placid thing ever. Still happy to just sit there and smile at 10 months old - only rolled over in the last few weeks. Really easy going baby.

Perhaps you are just having an 'easy' one lol

Boogellyboo Fri 03-Jul-09 22:22:20

And then, as if to prove me wrong and let me know she's going to be contrary from the start I got my first definate kick about an hour after my previous post! hmm

Folkestone Sat 04-Jul-09 13:44:14

As long as I know I'm not the only one, thank you.

Fanjita Sun 05-Jul-09 10:58:56

With DS1 I had firm kicks in my 20th week. I was really expecting it earlier in my second pregnancy but felt only slight flutters at the end of 22 weeks. Strange how it differs

Myst97 Tue 07-Jul-09 11:50:57

I'm 22 weeks and haven't felt anything either. Like you the scan was fine, and my mum says that with me she never felt anything at all! So I'm not worried and think you should try not to either

jaype Tue 07-Jul-09 12:12:00

Yep, ds booted me really hard at 17 weeks and never stopped thereafter. His sister didn't move till 22 weeks. She was a much better sleeper and far more placid (for the first 18 months, anyway). Like peppapig's ds, mine was always on the move after birth - from 8 weeks, used to shuffle up his cot during the night till he banged his head on the other end and woke himself up, but sat at 16 weeks and then was instantly happier. He was just a born (and unborn) wriggler...

alana39 Tue 07-Jul-09 12:45:22

Only felt this one (third) the day after my 20 week scan. Had seen belly move before, with no feeling, but I think that's due to placenta being at the front. You sound completely normal to me. It will come at some point and you'll wish you couldn't feel them jumping on your bladder smile

beckynbump Wed 08-Jul-09 17:27:15

Didn't feel anything until 24 weeks and then only a fluttering. Babe made up for it later though lol

juicylucytoo Wed 08-Jul-09 20:57:09

I didn't notice any movement / kicking sensations until 22wks last time.

This time was sooner, but that's normal with a 2nd pg.

babyboysmum Sat 11-Jul-09 23:18:27

I never had any of the popping/fluttering that people talk of.

Didn't feel a thing until I was 21+2 - and then one evening watching Holby I felt a proper boot

Wanderingsheep Sat 11-Jul-09 23:21:53

I didn't feel anything either till almost 22 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now