Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maxi dress that can be worn with a bra - any ideas?

(11 Posts)
Snowfalls108 Thu 02-Jul-09 13:09:50

Hi all,

So at 30 weeks gone, not coping well in the heat, and would like a maxi dress to float around in. However I've been looking online, and all the ones I can see are halter neck, and therefore can't be worn with a bra - with my knockers in their current state, bra less is not an option.
Anyone spotted any nice maxi dresses?
Thanks

trixymalixy Thu 02-Jul-09 13:36:39

I got one in TK maxx.

i spent ages trawling round all the other shops with no joy, but could have bought about 5 in TK maxx. They had some nice plain jersey grecian style ones that you could wear a bra with as they had wide straps.

trixymalixy Thu 02-Jul-09 13:37:23

Oh and I'm 35 weeks pregnant and was fine in a non-maternity dress.

alana39 Thu 02-Jul-09 13:47:31

Mothercare have one like trixy's plain jersey grecian style - but only in a bright blue so depends whether it suits you or not I suppose. Mine arrived 2 days after ordered so just in time for last bit of this heat wave! Still looking for more so hope you get more answers

Lobyd Thu 02-Jul-09 14:35:29

I love a fashion question! H and M have a lovely maternity one in black print, plunge front but with shoulders substantial enough to hide bra straps, and very floaty. But because I'm short I looked daft in it so didn't buy it.

trixymalixy Thu 02-Jul-09 17:11:40

Ooh I tried that one on Lobyd, but it was too short for me as I'm quite tall. It was nice though.

HappyTangerine Thu 02-Jul-09 18:52:39

I got on from H & M - it's dark brown with a beige paisley like pattern all over it and is perfect for wearing with a bra. Cost me £19.99 and I'm wearing it constantly, its so cooling.

Snowfalls108 Thu 02-Jul-09 21:13:39

Ordered the Mothercare one - thanks everyone!

Boogellyboo Fri 03-Jul-09 18:48:43

I bought one in Primark the other day, mainly black with a blue, red, purple swirly pattern. Its quite plunging at the front and has thin straps but I wore it last night with a black bra and OH thought it looked great wink Best part it was only £15. They did have quite a few plain ones too.

GaribaldiGirl Fri 03-Jul-09 19:29:52

I got 2 from monsoon - both gorgeous and with filled in tops so you can wear a bra. wore one to henley regatta today and felt quite smart, despite being 8 months pregnant. if you can hang on a few weeks i think their sale starts soon.

Snowfalls108 Sat 11-Jul-09 11:29:41

Hi everyone. Just a quick rave about the Mothercare dress. It arrived very quickly and I wore it to a posh do on Wednesday and everyone complimented me about how glam I looked - not bad for a £30 dress! Thanks Alana

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now