Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

9 weeks pregnant and symptoms gone

(13 Posts)
Tootersma Thu 02-Jul-09 08:01:31

Up until now I have had definate symptoms - nauseous, huge hard boobs (tmi?), sooo tired etc. Really worried the last couple of days though as boobs seem to be deflating, not been feeling sick and having trouble sleeping. Got my official dating scan tomorrow and I`m at my wits end thinking they are going to find baby gone.
Anyone got any reassuring stories?

lowrib Thu 02-Jul-09 08:15:13

Take a deep breath, what you're feeling is boringly, reassuringly normal!

I felt exactly the same. I am sitting here with my lovely 6 month old DS on my lap.

I remember asking my friend the same thing at the time, she told me when she went for her scan she was convinced they'd find no baby and call her a fraud! She is now mum to a beautiful 18 month old DS.

Thankfully you'll have the scan tomorrow, so not too long to wait. It'll all seem more real then I reckon!!!

lowrib Thu 02-Jul-09 08:15:49

And congratulations BTW! grin

Tootersma Thu 02-Jul-09 08:21:15

Thankyou so much!! Am sitting here with tears in my eyes I was so happy to read that! Logically I know I should just enjoy the lack of sore boobs etc but nothing about my feelings during this pregnancy seem logical!!
Thanks again

lowrib Thu 02-Jul-09 08:26:18

BTW a bit off topic but can I recommend a good book. I got The Rough Guide to Pregnancy and Birth when I was about as pregnant are you are now. I had another book with beautiful pictures which was fasscinating, but I'm really glad I had this book too, it really appealed to me because the tone is very practical and down to earth but also laugh-out-loud funny. I found it very reassuring when I was having worries about one thing and another.

(DISCLAIMER if you are easily offended by mild swearing then ignore what I've said, it's probably not the book for you!)

lizziemun Thu 02-Jul-09 08:26:31

I also sitting here with 3 dc (5.5yrs 21mth & 14wks) all pregnancies had no symptons.

I hope todays not to long and your scans ok tom.

MustHaveaVeryShortMemory Thu 02-Jul-09 11:50:42

Yes I had exactly that. Symptoms went for about 1 week then came back with a vengeance.

All was well at 12 week scan.

mumsiebumsie Thu 02-Jul-09 14:40:50

I'm 19 weeks now and I felt exactly the same as you in the early days. One minute you're a wreck and then the next all symptons have gone! Thing is I was complaining when I was sick and then complaining that I wasn't! So really know what you're going through. Now I'm so thankful that I'm not one of the poor women who are sick all through their pregnancy - so we have a lot to be thankful for.

fabhead Thu 02-Jul-09 14:46:48

I seem to remember an exact same panic at 9/10 weeks with both my pg and both were fine. I think this is about the time your body is adjusted and getting used to it. Good luck, I am sure it will be fine - if you are really stressed try and get an earlier scan.

itseemedagoodidea Thu 02-Jul-09 16:40:34

i've had exactly the same thing (only with a bit of bleeding to further the paranoia) after my last missed miscarriage was so convinced it was game over i drowned my sorrows with beer and brie (mmmmm) before getting an early scan (which took HOURS of phone calls and tears to get)and found heart beat. Still didn't really believe it till my 'dating' scan at 14 weeks showed all still fine.
enjoy feeling human again, it's most probably fine. good luck

Tootersma Fri 03-Jul-09 18:26:54

I`d just like to thank everyone for their words of reassurance yesterday - what can I say? You were all right! Had my dating scan this morning and saw lovely little one, heart beating, moving and generally just being there!
Also found out I`m 10 weeks pregnant and not 9! Hurrah! Thanks again

fabhead Fri 03-Jul-09 20:12:56

excellent news!! hope you can relax and enjoy the sunshine now!

I dont know if this is your first but if it is, this is only the beginning of the stress and worry they put you through ....... wink

sumatra Sun 05-Jul-09 21:01:36

ha yes i was just like you,I was sick for a week only,very sore painful boobs,which i still have,this is my first so hard to know how to feel&everybody symptoms are different,i was in denial i think until i went for my 12wks scan&it was jumping about everywhere it was a relief&exciting,
now only symptoms sore boobs&bump,so feeling good,thankfully&looking forward to 20wk scan,14wks now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now