Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

OK - preg for second time - forgotten everything! What can and can't I do?!

(4 Posts)
gerbo Wed 01-Jul-09 21:10:18

Know I can't eat soft cheese and liver but dh and I were just struggling to remind ourselves of other things I should be thinking about now I just found out I'm preggers for the second time!

Any thoughts? (No need to worry about the alcohol/no alcohol debate - just gonna quit). Thanks.

Ninjacat Wed 01-Jul-09 21:12:52

Folic Acid?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 01-Jul-09 21:19:46

Folic Acid
Avoid blue cheese/unpasturised cheese
Avoid eating marlin/shark/excessive amounts of tuna/pate/liver
Shellfish - debateable, some people say yes if well cooked, others say no, same with soft boiled eggs, some say no, some say fine if from a supermarket as they are vaccinated against salmonella
Peanut butter - depends on the research you read, some say do not eat if you have allergies of any kind in close family, some research says in this case you should eat it so as to desensitise your baby in the womb - you need to look it up and decide for yourself.
Avoid handling cat litter/cat wee/poo

Spa/saunas are not recommended, neither are the long whirly tube tunnel slides in pools as I found out the other day blush
No new exercise for the first 18 weeks, any new exercise taken up after this, to be done with guidance from trained staff. Other sport activities to be continued with guidance (would not recommend skiing for the first time at 16 weeks though, friend did this and broke both legs luckily baby is fine)

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 01-Jul-09 21:21:42

Oh and eat iron and vit c rich food together to increase iron intake.

Do not stand up in a concert/festival for hours without sitting down in the heat (or less you might get swollen ankles that do not go away!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now