Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have not been sick for 2.5 weeks

(15 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Wed 01-Jul-09 20:37:47

And I am feeling more like a human with a baby inside me, rather than a person with some kind of alien poisoning me grin.

I get this weird type of baby spit-up if I eat the wrong food, and horrid horrid indigestion if I eat the wrong food, but I can actually eat food again (although nervous about being adventurous!).

I know many women feel like this throughout their pregnancy, but I have been so so unwell it was not funny and I moaned and moaned on MN about it at every opportunity, so I thought I would shout it out that I feel good!

(and it was my baby girl's birthday today, and I survived cooking food for it, and I had energy to go to see Bruce Springsteen in Hyde Park at the weekend and I was really near the front!!!! fab fab)

grin

2cats2many Wed 01-Jul-09 20:42:00

I'm pleased for you smile

I was sick as a dog with both of my pregnancies and it was a happy, happy day when the nausea passed.

bethylou Wed 01-Jul-09 22:08:31

You remind me that there is hope that it will end one day...

linspins Wed 01-Jul-09 22:15:28

Looking forward to when I feel like that! Nice to hear good news! smile

corblimeymadam Wed 01-Jul-09 23:23:09

Message withdrawn

sifuentes Thu 02-Jul-09 13:48:01

now it's my turn - PLEASE GOD TAKE THIS MORNING SICKNESS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry - i've jut really had enough.

So pleased for you though. the burning is rough but you have energy and positivity - that's all i'm aiming for right now!

TigerFeet Thu 02-Jul-09 13:52:03

That's really good to hear Pavlov

envy @ Bruce in Hyde Park

I'm finally over the worst of my HG too, at the ripe old gestation of 29+5 grin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 02-Jul-09 21:26:02

thanks all, sifuente i really hope you get some respite from it soon. I felt like it was never going to end, i stopped thinking of it ending, but rather thought it would last the duration. When i started feeling better i just thought, oh one day without sickness, great, enjoy it while it lasts as i never thought it would really stop. But i am just past 20 weeks now and its looking ok!

tigerfeet great to hear you are feeling better too.

YanknCock Thu 02-Jul-09 23:41:47

Hi Pavlov! I've not been sick for nearly 2 weeks and counting....so thrilling, isn't it? Last time was outside my NCT class, in the bushes. Am 32+2 today, and now my primary concern is who has stolen my feet and replaced them with these swelling, puffy, fleshy things that require flip-flops 2 sizes bigger than normal?

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 03-Jul-09 18:24:41

Yankncock! I am so pleased you have not been sick for a while. And yes like you I have had my feet replaced by an old person's feet!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 03-Jul-09 18:26:20

Oh but I was sick today though. I ate a sarnie from morrisons {why? oh why? did i do that, apart from it being the only place in miles to where I was working to get lunch} and it did not agree, luckily it stayed down long enough for me to finish driving home from Bodmin

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 04-Jul-09 09:31:43

sad sick again this morning oh dear. i had a small glass of water abd cyclizine tablet. And I feel like I might puke again. Its returned for today at least sad

I might have to resurrect the old 'hyperemesis' thread for some hand holding as I am not very good at this being ill business!

sifuentes Sat 04-Jul-09 10:20:34

awww you'll be ok - it's just one last bout. i was sick 4 times last night - til 3 in the morning. not sure i have any lining left anywhere from my throat down to my tummy! am going on a 'romantic' last holiday in 4 weeks when i will be 16-17 weeks but worried that it will be a disaster. aiaiaiaiai

try to be really strict with what you eat. i had a grapefruit in the midst of things yesterday which was obviously ridiculous behaviour!

I need you to be better so that i can have hope! [selfish emoticon]

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Sat 04-Jul-09 10:25:23

grin I had a grapefruit once, when at work. I really really craved it. It ended that craving very sharpish I can tell you grin it was the worst food to make the return journey and I have not touched it again.

The thing is, I had nothing to eat this morning, I took the medication I am on for the hyperemesis and I did not hold it down. Sorry for being the bearer of bad news.

But the good news is, for the majority of people, it passes by 17 weeks so you should be ok for your romantic holiday!

sifuentes Mon 06-Jul-09 11:36:58

OH you poor thing. You must be beyond fed up.
And I couldn't believe it about the grapefruit in a way because it was exactly what i fancied too and tasted delicious. But anyway will be steering clear of them for a long time too. Back to crumpets and cold apples ...
I really hope you at least have another bout of wellness this week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now