Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When did you decide where to have your baby?

(4 Posts)
KatyS36 Wed 01-Jul-09 18:50:01

Hello everyone,

I'm 24 weeks and there has been no mention yet of where I'm going to have my baby. Is this normal / typical?

I'm not due an appointment for another 3 weeks and I wondered when this was all discussed.

Whilst I've got a great midwife now, my previous one was awful (I refused to see her anymore) and I'm wondering if this has got lost in the transfer.

Thanks

Kayzr Wed 01-Jul-09 18:52:37

I decided at 38 weeks I was having a home birth. But before that I was asked in my first MW appointment and it was written on my notes. If it isn't there then I would bring it up at your next appointment.

Nettee Wed 01-Jul-09 18:52:41

usually discussed at booking (8 weeks) and finalised at 36 weeks. I expect your midwife assumes you are going somewhere in particular already - talk to her at the next appointment

LackingNicknameInspiration Wed 01-Jul-09 22:54:18

Hello Katy

I had to be 'pencilled' in for somewhere at my booking in appointment so that my scans could be arranged but have been told I can change up until 28 weeks - although this might be a bit sooner than usual (or not - not sure) as one of the options is a home birth.

I have one DD but am new to this area so don't know what's available - MW suggested I just contact the two units which are available to me and ask for a tour of the maternity wards - would suggest you maybe give her a call and have a look at what's available before you see her so you can raise any questions that you have then.

Hope that helps a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now