Talk

Advanced search

think baby is trying to kick his way out

(3 Posts)
arolf Wed 01-Jul-09 13:48:46

28+3 weeks now, and baby has somewhat irregular periods of kicking normally - but today, since about 6 am, he has been writhing around, kicking me all over, and generally feels like he's trying to escape!

also, morning sickness seems to have returned (yesterday), so I've not kept much food down for a couple of days - normally he's more kicky after a drink or some food, but not today.

Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, know what I can do to alleviate the problem? It's making me feel even more queasy, all this movement on top of the sickness

(I should add - I'm very glad that he's moving, it's just the constant nature of it that's worrying me a bit!)

ChutesTooNarrow Wed 01-Jul-09 15:29:03

Snap! I am 28+5, started feeling sick again about three days ago and my baby went crazy last night and bounced around until the early hours. I also thought he was trying to escape! I'm glad he's kicking though, I worry when it all goes quiet. I have just assumed he is getting bigger and therefore his movement is more noticable.

I think the return of morning sickness is due to a hormone surge at the start of the third trimester? I'm treating it the same as my early pregnancy sickness with small bland meals throughout the day. It's so annoying, you have my sympathy.

Ladyem Wed 01-Jul-09 17:25:39

Hi! I've had this too and I had it with DD. It seemed to coincide with a bit of a growth spurt. I'd feel lousy for a few days and then my tummy would literally pop and nothing would fit me!!! I found that eating little and often, making sure fluids were up and lots of rest helped. It did come and go until the end, but I found also that you have to make sure you don't over do it when you are feeling well, then it can help to ward off too much sickness.

Good luck with your pgs and hope you feel better soon!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now