Talk

Advanced search

Scan really hurt tender tummy 17 months after a ceasarian

(5 Posts)
sazlocks Tue 30-Jun-09 19:41:55

Had a c section 17 months ago and my tummy is still tender. Had my first scan today for number 2 and it really hurt. The sonographer was struggling to see the baby as I have an inverted womb so she was pressing hard all over my tummy. In the end I had a vaginal scan and she was able to see much better. Has anyone else experienced this after a C section - just worry that my tummy is going to get more tender as it grows ??

Jacksmybaby Tue 30-Jun-09 20:14:52

My c section scar has been tender ever since I had it 2.5 yrs ago. Now newly pg with no.2 so not got to stage of scans/bumps etc - so no advice to offer on that front but from talking to other friends it seems fairly common for section scars to be a bit tender for a good long time after (years), even without being pg again.

sazlocks Tue 30-Jun-09 21:35:03

thanks - helpful to know. Good luck with no 2

maybebaby23 Tue 30-Jun-09 22:34:01

I had a cs 3 years ago and am pregnant with no2, my scar is feeling quite sore at times and it did feel tender when i had my scan too. You are not alone! congrats on your pregnancy

sazlocks Wed 01-Jul-09 11:28:17

thanks - glad its not just me - and congrats to you too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now