Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vitamin A

(5 Posts)
scoobyd00 Tue 30-Jun-09 18:57:23

I've got myself into a bit of a flat spin. I'm 6 weeks and have just discovered that my multivitamin tablet has got 800ug of Vit A in it. I've been taking 1 tablet daily and in the first 4 weeks took 2 a day as I'd run out of folic acid! I've just been looking at the research and it says that if you consume above 10000ug a day in the first 7 weeks, the risk of congenital defects rises to 1 in 57. I'm now paranoid that I've caused harm to my precious bean.

I know i can't change what I have done and just have to try and forget about it, but has anyone else been in a similar situation where it's all turned out ok in the end?

Any advice would be greatly apreciated

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Jun-09 19:07:14

Message withdrawn

reikizen Tue 30-Jun-09 19:10:40

Oh please don't worry about it! My god, it will have no effect at all I can assure you! Don't forget you weren't even pregnant potentially for the first two weeks of that 6 so you can discount that! My mum ate her own body weight in liver when pregnant with me and I turned out okay! You will cause harm to your precious bean I'm sure (they fuck you up your mum and dad) but not by taking a couple of multivitamins!

scoobyd00 Tue 30-Jun-09 19:28:40

My maths isn't that bad! However I don't know how much I consume naturally on a day to day basis and since the RDA is 700ug and I'd been consuming 1600ug I'm still a little nervous that I've increased the risk.

It's taken my 2 years and a rollercoaster of treatments to get to this stage, so I suppose I'm a little over emotional!

Thank you for the words of reassurance though.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 30-Jun-09 19:51:25

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now