Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shld I be worried about 2yo DS trampling all over preg belly?

(6 Posts)
Jacksmybaby Tue 30-Jun-09 14:29:45

Only v newly preg so no actual bump yet but DS (2 1/2) bouncing, climbing, trampling, kicking and generally being a normal active toddler all over my tummy - is this something to worry about / try to stop? Don't want to make him feel resentful of new arrival already - sure there'll be enough of that later down the line!

heavenstobetsy Tue 30-Jun-09 14:39:06

I don't think its likely to do any harm at this stage unless you get really whacked but tbh why take the risk? Plus, you won't be able to let him do it as you get bigger cos it will hurt!

I am in the same situation and I have just gently told DD that mummy has a sore tummy and suggested she bounces on daddy instead. She doesn't seem to care and happily trots off to abuse daddy grin

Jacksmybaby Tue 30-Jun-09 14:41:33

Thanks HTB. smile

belgo Tue 30-Jun-09 14:41:59

Try and stop him. You don't really want him to carry on kicking you in the tummy, it's not really desired behaviour, pregnant or not.

funtimewincies Tue 30-Jun-09 14:42:04

Mmm, this was the point that I had to tell ds (2.3 at the time) that he couldn't bounce on me because I was growing a baby (showed him the scan photo) and we didn't want to hurt it but that he could have as many cuddles as he liked, in a 'why not come and have a story and a cuddle instead' way.

He's intrigued now that my belly is getting bigger and that he was once a baby who grew in the same way. He loves telling me what a big boy he is now, 'not a baby any more mummy' grin.

Good luck!

Jacksmybaby Tue 30-Jun-09 14:47:39

Ta all. I don't think we will tell him yet what's in mummy's tummy as he will then doubtless go round shouting it out to all and sundry, and we're not at stage of telling people other than family yet (v early days as I say) - so like suggestion of "sore tummy" excuse at least for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now