Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Button extenders work?

(7 Posts)
blogmumuk Tue 30-Jun-09 10:38:43

Am bursting out my trousers at 7wks and it's getting really hard to hide this at work as only one pair of trousers still fits - thanks to the wonders of a draw string! Any advice on the clothes front? heard about button extenders but do they work or just a gimmick? Would so love to find something that could stop the bloating too. Am drinking loads of peppermint tea and heard yoghurt's good but hasn't stopped me feeling really uncomfortable or stopped the nausea.

Mole007 Tue 30-Jun-09 12:04:29

Jojo maman babe does a bandaeu thing that has button extenders on it. I am 31 weeks, and am currently sat in my normal shorts, and the bandeau is working a treat grin, thankfully, as I think my 'comfy trousers' would have me melting in this weather!

blogmumuk Wed 01-Jul-09 18:30:53

Thanks for your help Mole007. I'd never heard of that before and looks like some lovely things on the website. Just itching to get past 12wk scan successfully and then can think about buying some bits. This very same time last year I got pregnant for the first time and had a missed miscarriage, only finding out at the 12wk scan when the screen was just black. It was an awful moment and so really hoping that this time all goes well. I didn't have all the nausea or exhaustion or bloating last time so hoping it's a good sign.
Hope all going well for you

Grammaticus Wed 01-Jul-09 18:33:19

Button extenders are good yes (and cheap) but only for a few weeks. A good stopgap till you need maternity clothes, I found.

Verity79 Wed 01-Jul-09 20:59:37

I do a trick with a elastic hair band looped to button hole then around button itself. That also means you have a bit of give when (if!) you sit down.

sjbj Wed 01-Jul-09 21:22:38

I ordered mine from Anawiz via amazon, really working well at mo and 16 weeks - hoping they last a bit longer but my bottom is growing too so I may not get away with normal trousers for very much longer.
Also ordered the bump band to cover the gap if zip doesn't go up - good job tunic tops are fashionable!

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Thu 02-Jul-09 09:46:23

I just used strong rubber bands for a few weeks, a longish top and/or a wide belt over the top helps to stop anyone noticing! After we told everyone I just went straight into maternity trousers cos the normal ones were just too uncomfortable (especially for sitting or driving).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now