Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chances of scan being on time?

(10 Posts)
FlightofFancy Mon 29-Jun-09 20:51:58

Have first scan in a couple of weeks (when I'll be 12 weeks) - it's booked for 9.20am, but wondering how likely it'll be on time. Both DH and I are keen not to have to take holiday from work (saving it for when we really need it!), so thought that if it's on time we can call it a 'dentist appointment' and then go straight in to work afterwards.

BUT, if I'm going to be stuck hanging around for hours, then I'll take a half day so I don't have to worry.

It's at Surrey County if anyone has any experience of there (good, bad or otherwise!).

thisisyesterday Mon 29-Jun-09 20:55:30

you shouldn't have to take holiday, you're entitled to unpaid leave for any ante-natal appts you have afaik.

tbh it varies. i would guess that you'll prob be vaguely on time because you're so early.
but if the people before yo have a naughty baby that takes a long time to scan then it couldbe late.
so the answer is... how long is a piece of string? lol

gizzy1973 Mon 29-Jun-09 21:01:06

had a 4pm scan last monday (12 weeks) and it was spot on time - good job really as my bladder was bursting

Trikken Mon 29-Jun-09 21:03:34

mine would have been on time but lady on the desk didnt mark down that we were there, but as soon as id checked with her and she add us we went straight in.

FlightofFancy Mon 29-Jun-09 21:08:28

Ta - know I should be able to take for ante-natal appointments, but that means telling work and don't want to do that until I really have to!

Oddly enough, it says on my letter in bold that I don't need a full bladder (about which I'm delighted!)

Good news that other have got in on time!

KatyS36 Tue 30-Jun-09 18:26:34

It will probably be fine, and dentists get delays as well

If it really overran, and work are likely to throw a strop you could always offer then and there to take as holiday, and then when you announce your pregnancy later down the line get them to convert from holiday to paid antenatal care.

JetLi Wed 01-Jul-09 07:22:23

My scan appt. was 9:10 and we finished up going in 40 minutes late angry even though you'd imagine a first-thing morning appointment ought to be reasonably on time!!
Hope all goes well smile

readyfornumber2and3 Wed 01-Jul-09 07:29:59

Chances are that you will go in on time but really there is no guarantee, I went in about 5 minutes late for mine but during my scan they discovered that I was having twins and she had to arrange a further scan at a different hospital which took longer than expected so the person after me would have been at least 15 minutes late.

fatandiknowit Wed 01-Jul-09 09:44:14

Mine was at 9.10am and was seen 10 minutes early...

Really good (Salisbury Hospital)

mrswee Wed 01-Jul-09 10:54:49

Mine was supposed to be at 9.20 am... drank loads of water then they kept me waiting for nearly 2.5 hours.... I ended up having to pee just before I got called in... better than having an accident!! then another 40 mins to see a midwife to get an appointment time for my booking app...
It was the week before the easter holidays so they were trying to squeeze in more scans that day.
My 20 week scan was bang on time..

I took a days holiday for my 12 week scan as I had not informed my work about being pregnant yet. I later informed them that day off was for the scan and I got the holiday back IYSWIM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now