Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be pregnant?

(3 Posts)
MrsSpider Mon 29-Jun-09 13:51:12

Hi,

It seems highly unlikely that I'm pregnant as I have a Mirena coil fitted, but something is definitely not as it should be at the moment.

In January I had an episode of really severe abdominal pain that, despite seeing a doctor, didn't seem to have any obvious cause.

Everything seemed normal, but in April and May I had two months where I had heavy 'periods' and pregnancy-like symptoms at the same time.

More recently I've noticed some wierd 'fluttering' feelings in my abdomen and I've gained quite a bit of weight. I did a pregnancy test, which was negative, but I know hormone levels drop later in pregnancy and if the flutterings are from a baby I'd have to be pretty far gone!

I already have two kids, so I can remember what kicks felt like - and this is uncannily similar.

Help!

BennyAndJoon Mon 29-Jun-09 13:56:16

Sorry but I got pg with the Mirena, and didn't find out until I was 18-19 weeks when I started putting on weight. I did get a positive on the test though.

(she is 3 in August btw, and was my surprise third last)

smile

readyfornumber2and3 Mon 29-Jun-09 13:58:48

You would still test positive on a pregnancy test. Yes your hormone levels drop later in pregnancy but not low enough to not trigger a home pregnancy test IYSWIM

Best thing you can do is see the doctor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now