Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks to the MAX for hours at a time...anyone else experienve this? And did it mean baby came early???

(17 Posts)
Astrophe Mon 29-Jun-09 11:13:38

I'm almost 37 weeks, DC1 and DC2 were both a bit late but I have never had BH like this before...I'm hopeful, but should I be?

gingertoo Mon 29-Jun-09 11:18:25

With DC3 I had very strong Braxton Hicks for weeks before he was born. Some evenings they were so strong and coming so regularly that I thought it was labour!
Dc3 was 14 days late......
That isn't what you want to hear is it?!

Astrophe Mon 29-Jun-09 11:20:11

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Picante Mon 29-Jun-09 11:21:27

I've been having BH since 20 weeks (am now 33). Often for hours at a time. Sorry! Good luck to you though!

Claire2009 Mon 29-Jun-09 11:22:19

DS (2nd baby) BH from 27wks onwards, strong ones at 38wks, regular, every 4-5 mins. Went into hospital, nothing, whatsoever was happening blush so home again.
Ds arrived at 41+6, 'elective section' hospital chose it due to previous section 14mths earlier!

Geepers Mon 29-Jun-09 11:24:24

I had BH for a week and they were unrelenting. Baby arrived at 27 weeks. At your gestation it could go either way I suppose, but for anyone earlier I'd advise getting checked.

francagoestohollywood Mon 29-Jun-09 11:30:39

Lots of BH when pg with ds, from a very early stage. To the point that one night I was so scared (I was around 26 weeks) that I went to A&E blush. He was born 2 days after due date.

Astrophe, I like your van. What's the make?

Astrophe Mon 29-Jun-09 12:11:03

oh how I wish I hadn't asked!!!!!

The van is Bongo. Its for sale btw!

Beccabump Mon 29-Jun-09 18:26:09

I am 37+5 and have been getting really strong Braxtons for the last 2 weeks

It's really no fun as I know that although it's doing it's job of getting me ready I probably still have the 2 weeks to go!!

My braxtons are really painful especially if I sit in one particular position, always around the same time of day too (8pm) and can go on for a good 2 hours

Uspy Tue 30-Jun-09 15:31:08

Hm, I had contractions for over 24hrs when I was 38 weeks and a bit thought I was going into labour but NO ... I am now 40+5 and still waiting for baby (this is number 2)...

bumpybecky Tue 30-Jun-09 15:32:09

have a big drink of water

BH are much worse when you're dehydrated

Mistymoo Tue 30-Jun-09 15:33:58

No sorry. Had really stron BH when in hosp getting monitored when I was about to be induced. MW couldn't believe I was not sore with them. It took 3 gels for my ds to be born and he was 12 days late.

Mistymoo Tue 30-Jun-09 15:34:21

strong!

belgo Tue 30-Jun-09 15:35:58

Agree, most likely caused by dehydration, or by a urinary tract infection.

Astrophe Wed 01-Jul-09 10:41:09

thanks everyone (yeah, thatks for nothing!! )

I will try and drink more. It does seem to be worse in certain positions, and definately at certain times of day. Sawthe MW today who said BH are good for keeping bllood flowing well to placenta. Hadn't heard that before, but I guess its nice to think that they are doing something positive, if not actually bringing delivery any closer!

memoo Wed 01-Jul-09 10:43:25

I have been getting constant BH's, to the point where I thought I was in labour (only 28wks)

They have been worse the last few days, have been to MW this morning and do indeed have a water infection!

mrsradders Wed 01-Jul-09 11:17:49

i always seem to be getting bH they drive me nuts, had them regular for hours last night and really strong...was very irrtating and made my tummy ache, had the same with girls but they were on time!!!

i did find they got even stronger once i had started raspberry leaf tea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now