Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WORRIED!!!

(8 Posts)
DaniJade1990 Mon 29-Jun-09 00:53:06

Hi Everyong!
I am 18 years old and have previously had two miscarriage. Because of this i was referred for an early scan. I went and they saw clearly a 5week fetus on the screen and everything seemed ok, they gave me an appointment for a week later which would of brought me to just 6 weeks. This scan showed TWO fetuses, there appeared to have been development but a little bleed within the sac. As there was development they have scheduled me for another scan in another week as they couldn't detect any heartbeats. I am really worried and wondered if anyone had been through this or could shed some light on what is happening to me. I am so worried and it will break my heart if i lose these babies.
Thank you.

HeadFairy Mon 29-Jun-09 00:56:58

Hiya... our local early pregnancy unit won't see anyone before 6 weeks because it's quite common to not see a heartbeat at that stage and it can only cause worry having a scan that early, as you've discovered, because you have to wait a week or two to see if the heartbeat is there next time. There's nothing you can do I'm afraid, you have to sit and wait. I hope the wait isn't too unbearable.

DaniJade1990 Mon 29-Jun-09 01:09:21

It's absolutely awful. Thank you for replying to me. I was extremely worried as i have read over the internet that they should be able to detect heartbeat from 5.5 to 6weeks x

DaniJade1990 Mon 29-Jun-09 01:16:38

if anyone else has any info or has been through it would be much appreciated.

HeadFairy Mon 29-Jun-09 01:57:02

It's not an exact science Dani, just because it says on one internet site that a heartbeat should be detectable at 5.5 to 6 weeks doesn't mean it'll be exactly that. After all there's only 3.5 days between those two dates and you could be slightly out on your dates, the babies could be a tiny bit behind schedule. There are lots of reasons. I have had two mcs and once I was pg again I waited until 8 weeks before going for an early scan as I've been in exactly the same situation as you... and the wait isn't nice at all. It's almost impossible not to, but try not to worry, there's not a lot you can do but take care of yourself, be healthy and let mother nature do her stuff.

DaniJade1990 Mon 29-Jun-09 02:04:24

Thank you so much. I will try to just calm down!! It was the little bleed tht worried me the most but im trying to keep an open mind as there was development! My next scan is on wednesday so i will keep u updated. Fingers crossed.xx

HeadFairy Mon 29-Jun-09 02:17:54

I've had two tiny bleeds with this pregnancy that left me totally freaked out, baby is still fine. The only thing that set my mind at ease was that it was very different from a miscarriage, no pain, very pale watery blood and very little. When I had my mcs it escalated pretty quickly and the pain was very noticeably increasing too. Good luck with your scan.

madmissy Mon 29-Jun-09 08:38:49

i had a early scan and i was small for dates and no heartbeat.. i had a 2 week wait to see whether dd2 was still there she was smile try to keep calm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now